Creamy Grilled Peaches and Burrata Salad
Sweet peaches and creamy burrata cheese combine in this peach burrata salad to make the perfect summer salad! You can never go wrong with stone fruits and fresh mozzarella. Fruit and cheese is the perfect combination. There are wine and cheese bites, and we have our charcuterie boards with jams and goat cheeses. Oh, the options are endless. Grilled peaches and fresh cheese are a combination like no other.
It’s the summer season, so bring out the outdoor grill!
Cookouts, reunions, and neighborhood gatherings are in full swing and when you have a recipe like this summery salad, you’ll bring the most popular dish to the yard. Served with some crusty bread (also grilled!), this grilled peach burrata salad is almost too perfect. I love grilling juicy peaches, pineapple, and of course meat dishes when the sun allows.
What is burrata cheese?
Creamy burrata cheese is similar to mozzarella, but with a more buttery flavor and consistency. It’s made from either cow or buffalo milk and splits perfectly when you cut it to reveal the perfectly soft center. Like mozzarella cheese, it is great for a caprese salad or any other main dish salad. It’s great on toast, so naturally I couldn’t resist adding grilled bread to serve with this salad. The creamy ball of deliciousness called burrata is definitely a favorite cheese of mine.
Oh, how I love stone fruit season! Peaches are the perfect sweet addition to all of these simple ingredients:
Deep summer sweetness is in every bite of firm peaches. You know that my kitchen is overflowing with peaches and this peach salad recipe is yet another way to use good peaches to make a good recipe. Whether you’re combining peaches with salty prosciutto, fresh mint, or brown sugar, there’s nothing like seasonal ingredients working all together on one plate, or in one bowl. You’ll need a big bowl to make this beautiful salad. If your family eats the whole salad in one sitting, I won’t blame y’all.
A simple salad is one that has a summer’s bounty of ingredients, like this one!
Fresh peaches will be grilled for this peach burrata salad recipe. You’ll need 3 firm and ripe peaches.
Burrata makes this grilled peach salad creamy and flavorful with it’s smooth touch. You’ll need 8 ounces of this tasty cheese.
Fresh basil adds the earthy flavor that perfectly matches the creaminess and sweetness of peaches and burrata.
Sourdough bread will be grilled to serve alongside the salad.
For the dressing you need pantry staple ingredients. Extra virgin olive oil, wine vinegar (you can use white or red), garlic, mustard (Dijon), Basil leaves (fresh is best), and salt and ground black pepper to taste.
I hope you loved this delicious recipe. You’ll enjoy these tasty salads, too:
Simple Baked Nectarine Salad with Greens
Simple Avocado Salad with Tomatoes
Quick Watermelon Summer Salad with Blueberries and Feta
Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad
- food processor
- Serving plate
- 3 peaches, firm but ripe
- 8 ounces burrata
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices sourdough bread
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp wine vinegar, red or white
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoon wine vinegar, 1 garlic clove, 1tsp dijon mustard, handful fresh basil leaves and sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste.1 handful fresh basil leaves, ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 Tbsp wine vinegar,, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, sea salt and ground black pepper,
- Wash the peaches, remove the opit, and cut into ⅓ inch slices.3 peaches,
- Lightly grease a grill pan with olive oil, make sure the pan is hot before adding peaches. Grill peach slices for about 30 sec on each slide.3 peaches,
- Arrange peaches and burrata cheese on a serving plate.3 peaches,, 8 ounces burrata
- Brush bread slices with olive oil and grill for 1 min on each side.4 slices sourdough bread
- Add fresh basil leaves and drizzle with the dressing.1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Serve with grilled sourdough bread.