You got to check out the ingredients for this loaded gluten-free Caramel Smoothie! It’s not what it may look like. You’ll be surprised. This is not just a casual drink.
This is not your typical, casual sugar drink. It’s loaded with ingredients that will help keep your appetite at bay. Perfect for a sweet on-the-go breakfast.
Table of Contents
What do You Put into a Caramel Smoothie?
Most caramel smoothies are loaded with sugar and dairy. If you look at the ingredients in a Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino, it’s made up of buttery caramel, coffee, and dairy (and more).
Do you want a caramel smoothie, that is just as sweet, but so much healthier for you?
This loaded caramel smoothie is made from real ingredients. Some may even surprise you. You can easily make it a dairy-free smoothie, just like I did by using your favorite dairy-free milk option. I like oat milk or coconut milk, but almond or soy milk works great too.
- Almond butter
- Dairy-Free Milk
- Just a pinch of salt
- vanilla extract
For the topping, add some whipped cream (optional) and homemade healthy caramel (see recipe below).
How to Make Homemade Healthy Caramel?
The recipe makes about 6 servings and is great not just to drizzle on your favorite drinks, but also on pancakes, crepes, and oatmeal. Just add coconut sugar, coconut milk, butter, and a pinch of salt. How easy does that sound?
Check out these other recipes:
This Healthy Kale Pesto Salad with Red Peppers is a delicious pesto salad!
A comforting bowl of Miso Mushroom Vegetable Soup with Chicken is perfect for lunch.
A Healthy Caramel Smoothie Recipe
- measuring spoons
- 1 banana, frozen, sliced
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 3 dates, soft, pitted
- ⅛ tsp pink salt, or sea salt
- 1 cup milk, plant-based, but almond milk is a great option too
- ⅓ tsp vanilla extract
For the caramel sauce: (amount shown serves 6)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar, 75g
- ½ cup coconut milk, full-fat, from a can
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 pinch salt
For the Top:
- whipped cream
- 2 Tbsp caramel
- For the smoothie, place all ingredients in a blender.1 banana,, 1 Tbsp almond butter, 3 dates,, ⅛ tsp pink salt,, 1 cup milk,, ⅓ tsp vanilla extract
- Process until smooth.
- For the caramel, place coconut sugar and coconut milk in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 1 min, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add salt and butter.⅓ cup coconut sugar,, ½ cup coconut milk,, 1 Tbsp butter, 1 pinch salt
- Add the whipping cream to the smoothie and drizzle the caramel sauce.whipped cream, 2 Tbsp caramel