Low-Calorie Caesar Salad With Caesar Dressing
Looking for a low-calorie salad? A simple Classic Caesar Salad can go along way for your health and it’s just 8 calories per 1 cup.
I have been on a caesar salad addiction the last week. Every day I ate a bowl of a classic Caesar salad. It all started when my sister-in-law made it on our recent family retreat up in Canada. I usually prefer a homemade salad dressing since I can modify it and I know what is in it, so I went ahead and made a homemade caesar salad dressing.
Caesar is a classic favorite. There are many versions of it though, so mixing it up, maybe adding or leaving out ingredients is perfectly fine if you don’t have one or another on hand. Lettuce, Caesar dressing, parmesan, and croutons are three basic ingredients that get a simple Caesar salad started – and sometimes simple is best!
You might think this salad is not as healthy but its more than it seems. With the lettuce, this salad contains vitamin A and vitamin C. Dill is good for digestion and promotes oral care, and garlic boosts the immune system and heart health.
Table of Contents
What are the 3 benefits of romaine lettuce?
1. Low in calories– Romaine lettuce is a great green to add to your diet. It’s low in calories, 1 cup of romaine lettuce is 8 calories.
2. Immune booster– If you like avoiding having the flu, look for ingredients that contain vitamin C. Vitamin C helps support the immune system, is high in antioxidants, and helps keep bones and teeth strong.
3. Beta carotene– (Also known as vitamin A) Including this vitamin is necessary for your health. IT supports cell growth and reproductive health, along supporting your vision, heart, lungs, and kidney.
To make this recipe, you will need 3 simple salad ingredients:
Romaine lettuce, which is so beneficial for you! It boosts your immunity and provides you with vitamin A.
Croutons are a nice and crunchy topping and addition into any salad!
Parmesan cheese is a strong source of protein, as well as fat.
Other low-calorie recipes you can make:
This Low-Carb Easy Roasted Radishes Recipe has only 61 calories and 6g carbs per serving!
Easily stay within your macros with this filling Creamy Cauliflower and Vegetable Soup that only has 74 calories per serving!
Simple Low-Calorie Caesar Salad with Homemade Caesar Dressing
- salad bowl
- Serving plate
For the Salad:
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup croutons
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
Homemade Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange lettuce, croutons, and grated parmesan cheese on a plate.1 cup lettuce,, ½ cup croutons, ¼ cup parmesan cheese,
- In a blender, blend well together dressing ingredients. Mix with salad.½ cup mayonnaise, ½ tsp Dijon mustard, 2 cloves garlic, 1 pinch salt, ½ tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 stem fresh dill, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil