How to Make Ground Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats
These beef-stuffed zucchini boats are made with fresh herbs, earthy vegetables, and hearty beef for the perfect weeknight dinner that’s low on carbs, but jam-packed with flavor! These beef-stuffed zucchini boats are going to delight your senses!
Table of Contents
Why Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a Family Favorite
We love summer for many reasons around here, and the abundance of zucchini in the kitchen is one of them! I love to come up with new and unique ways of serving the humble green vegetable.
From hummus to salad and tex mex bites, I’m not kidding when I say zucchinis get a lot of lovin’ in our home, but when I made these stuffed zucchini boats the other day I knew we had a new favorite on the leaderboard!
I know there are so many variations of stuffed zucchini, but this one that’s bursting with delicious ground beef filling has got to be my favorite. It’s a great healthy dish for lunch or dinner, and I promise, the leftovers are just as good the next day!
- Easy low-carb main course!
- Pine nuts, raisins, and cinnamon. You’ll just have to trust me on this one!
- Saute the beef mixture, stuff the zucchini, and bake. It’s so easy!
- Enjoy the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
- Customizable to your favorite ingredients!
Key Ingredients for This Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
Ground Beef: This is what makes this recipe a hearty and complete dish. It’s delicious and gives the recipe an extra oomph of flavor from the fat. You could use ground lamb or ground turkey here as well.
Onions and Fresh Garlic: For a delicious flavorful base.
Pine Nuts, Raisins, Cinnamon: This is what takes this recipe to the next level! It gives it a unique flavor profile and makes this stuffed zucchini dish stand out from all others.
Tomatoes: For topping.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to Make Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Step 1: Prepare
Set out an oven-safe baking dish.
Step 2: Blanch Zucchini
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the zucchini. Boil until it’s almost tender and then drain well.
Step 3: Begin Sauteing
Chop the onion and mince the garlic, then heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and statue until it’s lightly browned. Then, add in the minced garlic, pine nuts, raisins, and cinnamon. Stir well, and allow this to simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add Beef
Add ground beef (or lamb) to the pan and statue for 10 minutes, or until it’s browned.
Step 5: Cut Zucchini Boats
Cut a lid out of the top of each zucchini. I cut my zucchini in half because it was easier to stuff and serve.
Step 6: Hollow Zucchini and Add to Pan
Scoop out the zucchini flesh and add it to the meat mixture. Cook until the liquid absorbs, and then add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 7: Stuff
With a spoon, fill the hollowed-out zucchini boats and place them in the baking dish side by side. Add chopped tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper on top.
Step 8: Bake
Place the baking dish in the oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes (you can broil for the last 5 minutes if you’d like). Serve hot and enjoy!
Yes! The skins of zucchinis are perfectly fine (and nutritious!) to eat. If you want to make sure they taste a little less bitter, use smaller zucchinis.
Yes! Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and have them for lunch the next day.
This tasty main dish pairs well with these great side dishes! Try some tasty Homemade Canned Dill Pickles, a salad made with black beans, or this recipe for Simple Roasted Carrots!
This zucchini recipe goes great with White Rice. It may not be a low-carb option, but it’s a great option for many other diets and lifestyles.
More Zucchini Recipes You’ll Love
- Try Zucchini in snack form with these Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini Crisps!
- This Grilled Zucchini Salad with Corn and Cheese takes only 20 minutes to put on the table.
- These Easy Roasted Zucchini Bites are served best with cheese, ranch, or literally anything because they’re so yummy!
- Now here’s a different take – it’s a Zucchini Spread! And my household can guarantee it’s kid-friendly!
- This creamy, healthy Zucchini Soup is the perfect one-pot dish that requires minimal clean-up!
Tasty Zucchini Recipes to Try
If you tried this Chicken Couscous Soup with Vegetables or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
How to Make Ground Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Oven-safe dish
- 4 medium zucchini, boiled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lb ground lamb, or beef
- 3-4 medium-sized tomatoes chopped
- Set out an oven safe baking dish.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water blanch the zucchini, boil just until it’s almost tender; drain well.4 medium zucchini,
- Chop 1 large onion and mince 2 cloves of garlic.1 large onion,, 2 cloves garlic,
- In a pan, heat 1/4 extra virgin olive oil.¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add in chopped onion and sauté until lightly browned.1 large onion,
- Add in minced garlic, 1/2 cup of pine nuts, 1/4 cup of raisins, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Simmer for 5 minutes.2 cloves garlic,, ½ cup pine nuts, ¼ cup raisins, ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- To the pan add 1 pound of ground lamb or beef. Sauté for 10 minutes or until browned.1 lb ground lamb,
- Cut a lid out of the top of each zucchini. I cut my zucchini in half, it was easier to stuff and easier to serve.
- Add the zucchini flesh into the meat mix and cook until the liquid absorbs. Salt and pepper to taste.
- With a teaspoon fill the hollowed zucchini and place in baking dish.
- Add chopped tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss into the dish with zucchini.3-4 medium-sized tomatoes
- Place in oven uncovered for 30 minutes. I broiled for last 5 minutes. Serve hot.