This Stuffed Zucchini recipe is one your taste buds will remember. Made with fresh herbs, earthy vegetables, and hearty beef, this dish is jam-packed with flavor.
From beginning to end, this recipe takes 1 hour and 10 minutes. It’s easy to make for a lunch or dinner using fresh zucchinis.
This zucchini recipe goes great with White Rice. It may not be a very low-carb option, but it’s definitely one of the good options out there for many diets and lifestyles.
Zucchini is a family favorite in our home!
Every summer, I look forward to the abundance of zucchini that comes into my kitchen. It’s my chance to come up with new, unique ways of serving the humble green vegetable, or recreating my tried, tested, and favorite recipes. From chocolate cake to zoodles, zucchinis get a lot of lovin’ in our home from the whole family. And when I made this stuffed zucchini dish the other day, I knew we had a new favorite zucchini recipe. It has already been requested again – it is that good.
I know there are so many yummy variations of stuffed zucchini. But this one, with the delicious ground beef meat filling has got to be my favorite. It’s a great healthy recipe to make for lunch or dinner. The leftover zucchini with it’s meat mixture makes tomorrow’s lunch into a nutritious meal. Just store in an airtight container overnight and enjoy this low-carb meal!
So what goes into this great recipe? And why is it so delicious?
Ground beef. This is what makes this recipe a complete dish. It’s hearty, delicious, and gives the recipe an extra oomph of flavor from the fat. You could use ground lamb here too.
Onions and fresh garlic. For a delicious flavorful base.
Pine nuts, raisins, cinnamon. This is what makes this recipe to the other level. It gives it a unique flavor profile. It makes this stuffed zucchini dish like no other stuffed zucchini you’ve had before.
These ingredients come together in a beautifully harmonious way in a pan. This mixture gets “stuffed” into the hollowed-out zucchini. You’ll then place all the zucchini in a baking dish and then top it with chopped tomatoes. What a great way to make a low carb main course!
Finally, you’ll bake and wait. Broiling for the last 5 minutes also gives it a beautiful finish.
Here are some more delicious recipes you’ll love:
You can learn how to make Easy Cream Cheese Bell Peppers Appetizer right at home with simple steps.
This Quick and Easy Guacamole Dip with Sour Cream is the perfect dip to have with any tortilla chips.
How to Make Fancy and Tasty Oven Baked Beef Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini, boiled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lb ground lamb, or beef
- 3-4 medium-sized tomatoes chopped
- Set out an oven safe baking dish.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water blanch the zucchini, boil just until it’s almost tender; drain well.
- Chop 1 large onion and mince 2 cloves of garlic.
- In a pan, heat 1/4 extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in chopped onion and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add in minced garlic, 1/2 cup of pine nuts, 1/4 cup of raisins, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- To the pan add 1 pound of ground lamb or beef. Sauté for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Cut a lid out of the top of each zucchini. I cut my zucchini in half, it was easier to stuff and easier to serve.
- Add the zucchini flesh into the meat mix and cook until the liquid absorbs. Salt and pepper to taste.
- With a teaspoon fill the hollowed zucchini and place in baking dish.
- Add chopped tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss into the dish with zucchini.
- Place in oven uncovered for 30 minutes. I broiled for last 5 minutes. Serve hot.