Fresh Apricot Strawberry Smoothie for Summer
Apricot Strawberry smoothie takes just 5 minutes to make. Fresh apricots, fresh strawberries, and one of my new favorite smoothies: this makes a summer combination to be loved!
Serving blended smoothies in the summer is one way my family and I like to stay cool. Here in the hotter part of the States, its one of the best options aside from pool days and fresh juices. We’ll blend together a frozen banana or two with some orange juice, ice, coconut water, and mint, and that’s a delicious combination all together.
Of course, this smoothie is on the top of my list now that strawberries and apricots are available. Instead of eating ice cream and loading up on processed sugar, fresh fruits are the best option to cool down in the hot weather.
Let’s talk about these tasty strawberries!
Strawberries can be anti-inflammatory, helping to prevent skin damage from the sun.
- These bright red summer fruits are great for those with a sweet tooth, but who still want to stay sugar free.
- They make a great healthy breakfast choice with plain yogurt or in any other breakfast smoothies. Strawberry season starts mid May and goes until late June, giving us a short amount of time to enjoy them as fresh as possible.
- Also provide a good dose of fiber.
Apricots are another bright addition in this smoothie!
I can’t resist seasonal fruits, especially when it’s a stone fruit like apricots. This healthy smoothie recipe has a yummy apricot flavor, especially since it has 5 whole apricots in it! This hot summer day just can’t get better. Apricot trees flower in their late seasons, but before that happens, be sure to get some fruit off of them.
Apricots have antioxidants such as vitamin E, supporting skin health and vitamin C. It is one of my favorite fruits and enjoying it in a smoothie is the perfect way to have it.
Smoothie for Lunch?
If you want a quick and healthy lunch, this smoothie is one of those easy recipes that you can take on the go. If you have a busy morning ahead of you, this recipe whips up quickly! It has the perfect amount of sweet-tart flavor and all of the ingredients can be bought at the grocery store. If you want it colder, a great way to cool it would be to add frozen strawberries rather than fresh ones. Simple ingredients and a short shopping makes the perfect recipe combination for me!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this smoothie:
Strawberries can help to improve insulin sensitivity. You’ll need 2 cup strawberries for this fresh drink.
Apricots have a tasty, sweet flavor. This smoothie is is a delicious way to enjoy them
Greek yogurt is rich in vitamin B12. If you’d like to use coconut yogurt instead, that would be a delicious addition.
Almond milk is the kind of milk I like to use in this recipe, but you can use any other milk of choice.
Honey or maple syrup add the perfect touch of sweetness.
I hope you enjoy this delicious apricot recipe! Here are some more tasty recipes you’ll enjoy:
Quick Blueberry and Fresh Mint Salad
Lemon Yogurt Layer Cake with Easy Lemon Buttercream
A Delicious Cup of Pineapple, Blood Orange, and Ginger Juice
Summer Apricot Strawberry Smoothie
- 2 cups strawberries
- 5 medium apricots
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, or coconut yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk, or any other milk
- 2 Tbsp honey, or maple syrup
- Blend strawberries with ½ cup yogurt, ¼ cup milk, and 1 Tbsp honey.2 cups strawberries, 1 cup Greek yogurt,, ½ cup almond milk,, 2 Tbsp honey,
- Divide strawberry smoothie between serving glasses, filling it halfway or slightly more.
- Blend apricots with the remaining half of ingredients.5 medium apricots, 1 cup Greek yogurt,, ½ cup almond milk,, 2 Tbsp honey,
- Pour carefully and slowly the apricot smoothie into the center of the strawberry smoothie.
- Decorate with mint and pieces of strawberries and apricots.
Never thought to add apricots to my smoothies. It really brightens it up. I think these would make great popsicles for little ones too – will definitely try it out next time. Thanks for the recipe!