I love making cakes like this Strawberry Roll, as they are very easy to make and take much less time than a regular cake would. You don’t need to bake few layers like you normally would for a standard cake, it takes only 30 minutes to make the batter and bake it! And then all you have to do is prepare a very simple light cream with fresh strawberries.
I bet that you’ve never met a 4-ingredient cake like this one. You heard me: only four ingredients! With a quick mix, bake, and roll, you can put this strawberry cake together in no time at all.
Have you ever made a recipe that turned out perfect every time? I have: this Strawberry Cake Roll! Every single component of this recipe is super simple and pleases with every bite.
Combining simple and soft cake with a sweet cream was a delicious combination to start, but one thing was missing: the chocolate drizzle! I thought, “why would I complicate that?” So, I melted some chocolate chips and they did the job perfectly. They’re my cherry-on-top! Doesn’t that sound delicious?
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Strawberry Cake Roll:
- white sugar
- baking powder
For the cream:
- cool whip
- icing sugar
For the topping:
- chocolate chips
Looking for more delicious strawberry recipes? Here are some of my favorite strawberry drinks:
You can make this Watermelon Strawberry Cooler as a delicious summer drink on those hot days.
This Strawberry Mango Ginger Smoothie makes a perfect summer breakfast or snack.
Easy Strawberry Cake Roll with Drizzled Chocolate
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup flour
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 pint strawberries, diced
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, melted
- For the cake: Preheat your oven to 355F.
- Line 1 large rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat 5 eggs and sugar on high speed for -19 minutes until they turn into a pale yellow, almost white foam.5 eggs, ¾ cup white sugar
- Sift together flour and baking powder then gradually start adding it into the egg and sugar mixture.¾ cup flour, ½ tsp baking powder
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients into the egg mixture using a rubber spatula until well combined. The batter should have a very light and fluffy texture.
- Transfer the batter onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread evenly. Bake for 15-17 minutes until light golden color and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- As soon as the cake is done baking, flip it upside down onto a clean kitchen towel and carefully take off the parchment paper.
- Roll the cake in with the towel into a log and leave it rolled up as it cools.
- For the cream: In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream and icing sugar on high speed until light and fluffy (this takes about a minute – do not over beat!)½ cup icing sugar, 8 oz Cool Whip
- As soon as the cream becomes fluffy, turn off the mixer and gently fold in diced strawberries1 pint strawberries,
- Once the cake is cooled, gently unroll it and spread the top with a generous amount of cream. Roll up the cake again but not too tight.
- Drizzle the roll cake with melted chocolate and refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!¼ cup chocolate chips,