Strawberry panna cotta is the ultimate no-bake dessert! Enjoy the creamy and succulent custard-like base topped with mouthwateringly fruity strawberry sauce. Prepare it all in a glass so it’s easy to serve your guests this impressive treat!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Strawberry Panna Cotta Recipe
I’ve been enjoying our homemade affogato recipe after dinner these days, and it got me thinking about other Italian desserts. There’s tiramisu, of course, but I wanted something lighter. Then I realized I was forgetting panna cotta!
This easy panna cotta recipe yields a creamy and delicate dessert that feels fancy because it’s prepared in a ready-to-grab glass! It’s the perfect make-ahead dessert for guests, or just so you have a yummy treat to enjoy throughout the week.
This no-bake dessert is made with simple ingredients, including fresh strawberries to create a fruity sauce! The addition of strawberry in this panna cotta recipe gives the luscious custard-like texture the perfect balance.
If you’re not into strawberries, there are a million variations on this yummy strawberry panna cotta that you can check out below.
Key Panna Cotta Ingredients
Ingredients for Panna Cotta
- Heavy cream: Or heavy whipping cream
- Milk: whole milk or 2%
- Powdered gelatin
- Cold water
- Granulated sugar: white
- Vanilla extract: optional
Ingredients for Strawberry Sauce
- Fresh strawberries: Don’t use frozen. You can also substitute for a different berry.
- Granulated sugar: Fine
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed.
- Cornstarch: To thicken the sauce.
How To Make Panna Cotta with Strawberry Sauce
Step 1: Bloom Gelatin
In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let it sit for 10 minutes to bloom.
Step 2: Mix Panna Cotta
In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar over medium heat. Stir this mixture occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and it’s hot but not boiling. Once everything is dissolved and appropriately heated, remove it from the heat and add the bloomed gelatin. Whisk the gelatin in the hot cream mixture until it’s completely dissolved.
Step 3: Prepare Serving Glasses
Pour the panna cotta into serving glasses, leaving some space at the top for the strawberry sauce. Then, place the glasses in the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Step 4: Make Strawberry Sauce
In a small saucepan, combine mashed strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook this mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries have softened and released their juices. Add cornstarch to thicken, and constantly stir. Once the strawberry mixture is thickened and the cornstarch has dissolved, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
Step 5: Add Strawberry Sauce
Once the panna cotta has set, spoon the cooled strawberry sauce on top of each glass.
Step 5: Garnish and Enjoy
Garnish your strawberry panna cotta dessert with fresh strawberries or mint leaves if desired. Enjoy!
FAQs and Tips
No, panna cotta is not the same as creme brulee. They’re kind of similar in texture, but creme brulee is made with eggs and panna cotta is made with gelatin.
Panna cotta translates directly to mean “cooked cream.” It’s literally a cooked sugar and cream base that you can spice up with a variety of different flavors.
The key is to use the correct measurements for the gelatin. If it’s hard, it means you used too much gelatin. Ideally, the panna cotta should be jiggly and broken apart with barely an effort if a spoon grazed it.
Panna Cotta Variations
- There are so many different types of panna cotta flavors you can try! Lemon panna cotta, chocolate panna cotta, mango panna cotta, raspberry panna cotta, or even coconut or coffee panna cotta!
- You can add fresh fruit to the top (in addition to your fresh strawberries) for additional flavors. Blueberries would be yummy with the strawberry panna cotta.
- Add your favorite nuts for added texture.
- Speaking of texture, sprinkle some coconut flakes or shavings over the top of the strawberry sauce.
- Or, you could also drizzle the top of the panna cotta with chocolate to create a chocolate strawberry effect.
More Recipes to Try
- A Strawberry Roll is a delicious (and easier!) alternative to a standard cake!
- Try these Strawberry Jam Bars (tertiy pirog) for a crumbly and sweet layered treat!
- Homemade Strawberry Jam is delicious year-round!
- Enjoy a refreshing Watermelon Strawberry Cooler Drink in the summer heat.
- Top this Crepe Recipe with strawberries or even this recipe’s strawberry sauce!
Other Tasty No-Bake Strawberry Recipes to Make
If you tried this Strawberry Panna Cotta in a Glass or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and leave your 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Strawberry Panna Cotta in a Glass
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp powdered gelatin
- 2 Tbsp water cold
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberry fresh
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over cold water and let it sit for 10 minutes to bloom.
Heat the heavy cream, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved, and the mixture is hot but not boiling. Remove from heat, add the bloomed gelatin to the hot cream mixture, and whisk until completely dissolved.
Pour the mixture into serving glasses, leaving some space at the top for the strawberry sauce. Place the glasses in the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Combine the mashed strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries have softened and released their juices. Add cornstarch and cook until thickened, constantly stirring. Remove from heat and let it cool.
Once the panna cotta has set, spoon the strawberry sauce on top of each glass.
Garnish with fresh strawberries or mint leaves if desired.
- Strawberries can be substituted for another berry.
- Make sure you let the panna cotta sets in the fridge completely before adding the jam.
- You can make the strawberry jam ahead of time and leave it in the fridge till ready to serve.