This Strawberry Mojito Mocktail is a cooling and refreshing drink, perfect for a hot summer day.
Made with only fresh ingredients that are colorful and healthy, this will become a staple for all your summer parties and picnics. Non-alcoholic beverages are usually made with kids in mind, but this strawberry mojito mocktail will be a hit with adults too. I love that strawberries are delicious yet nutritious too! The tangy, citrusy taste of lime and fresh minty flavors are a perfect way to give the sweet strawberry flavor a nice contrast.
While frozen and canned strawberries are available all year round, the fresh ones are in season in the spring and summer months, when they’re among their juiciest. This easy strawberry mocktail recipe is both healthy and delicious and a great non-alcoholic drink to enjoy with family and friends.
Made with simple ingredients (just 4 items), this drink is an awesome way to enjoy this time of year.
Table of Contents
How is this strawberry mojito different from a traditional mojito cocktail?
Usually, mojito cocktails are made with white rum, lime juice, mint, ice, soda water, and sugar. In this fun twist, we don’t include the rum and replace sugar with syrup as a healthier sweet option. The fact that it’s alcohol-free makes this a mocktail and virgin drink. Still, this non-alcoholic strawberry mojito has bright flavors making it a delicious and perfect drink.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced (about 10 strawberries): Strawberries are an excellent source of magnesium, fiber, antioxidants, and Vitamin C to support a healthy immune system.
- 12 fresh mint leaves: An excellent source of vitamin A which helps to maintain good eye health, boosts immunity and metabolism, and can help in weight loss.
- ¼ cup lime juice: Limes have high levels of Vitamin C for healthy bones and teeth, contain antioxidants, reduce fatigue, and provide quick hydration and rejuvenation
- 3 tbsp maple syrup: Contain manganese, which is essential for healthy bones and lowers cholesterol. They add a sweet flavor to this refreshing virgin strawberry mojito
- 1 cup sparkling water or soda water which creates a fresh fizz
- A handful of ice cubes
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to Make a Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
Step 1: Wash the strawberries
Remove stems and wash the strawberries thoroughly first.
Step 2: Grind the strawberries
Using an immersion blender or a cocktail muddler, make strawberry syrup by grinding the strawberries until smooth. They should be a perfect blend so they can go through a straw.
Step 3: Add the mint leaves
Add mint leaves for aroma and flavor and stir to combine.
Step 4: Add lime and the sweetener
Add lime juice and maple syrup, ice cubes, and mix well. Then take out the blender and pour it into a highball glass.
Step 5: Garnish and serve your mocktail
Garnish with mint, lime slices, and extra strawberry for an appetizing look. Serve this refreshing drink immediately
Hint: For easy mix and cleanup I like to use this simple immersion mixer (affiliate link) for blending the strawberries.
- Use fresh lime juice if possible and avoid bottled ones.
- You can replace the soda water with lime-flavored soda water for a sharp, tangy, citrusy flavor.
- For a fun twist to this virgin strawberry mojito recipe, you can replace sweet strawberries with raspberries.
How to Store the Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
You can store this delicious mocktail in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you want to make a huge quantity and freeze, you can freeze the strawberry, mint, and lime in an airtight container for 2-3 months. Then you can thaw and add the rest of the ingredients on the day you want to prepare this easy drink.
A mocktail is the nonalcoholic version of a rum cocktail.
While fresh strawberries are always the best, you can use frozen strawberries if you don’t have fresh fruit. Just make sure you thaw them before using them.
If you don’t want to blend the fruits and get a smooth mixture, you can use the end of a wooden spoon to muddle the fresh fruit and leaves in a pitcher.
You can replace the mint leaves with fresh basil leaves in this virgin strawberry mojito mocktail recipe.
Other fun drinks with strawberries for spring and summertime
- The smooth combination of fresh apricots and fresh strawberries makes this Fresh Apricot Strawberry Smoothie for Summer a perfect drink.
- For those feel-good vibes with a light and refreshing taste, you must definitely try this Watermelon Smoothie with Strawberries!
Other Tasty Drinks to Try this Season
If you tried this The best and most refreshing Strawberry Mojito Mocktail or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and leave your 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
The best and most refreshing Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- 1 cup strawberries fresh
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice from fresh lime
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup sparkling water or club soda
- ice cubes
- Using an immersion blender blend the fresh strawberries.1 cup strawberries
- To the smashed strawberries add fresh mint.12 fresh mint leaves
- Add lime juice, maple syrup, sparkling water and ice cubes.¼ cup lime juice, 3 Tbsp maple syrup, 1 cup sparkling water, ice cubes
- You could mix the mojito in a jug first and then divided into glasses or divided everything as you go.
- Use as much ice cubed as needed to fill the cups.