Start your day off with a Spring Green Citrus Smoothie, or enjoy it later in the day for a boost of energy and vitamins. Spring is here, which for some may mean allergies, and for others it’s time to think about that summer body, but really it’s a great time to get back to fresh and bright flavors for nutrition and feeling good! This citrus green smoothie will certainly do the trick! Lemon, orange, ginger, with vanilla, sweetened with honey, and a generous helping of kale come together to wake up your taste buds and energize you!
Table of Contents
The ingredients for this smoothie are an easy find at any grocery store right now:
Oranges: Vitamin C and minerals
Mint: Fresh is best
Vanilla extract: If you don’t like the taste of vanilla, you can leave it out
Ginger: A superfood worthy of adding and spice up your morning drink to help your body ward off those germs.
Water: You can also use coconut water instead, for more flavor and health benefits.
Parsley: Italian or curly
Kale: green purple or Lacinato
Raw honey: for sweetness
Salt: Just a pinch
Ice cubes: For the chill and desired thickness
Blending the Ingredients Together
1. Place oranges, mint, vanilla, lemon juice, ginger, and water (or coconut water) into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add parsley, kale, honey, and salt to the blender and blend again until smooth.
3. Add ices cubes and blend again until smooth. Add more water or coconut water and/or ice and adjust to the desired thickness.
Other sweet fruit recipes that are super delicious:
Simple and Quick Green Juice Mojito Recipe is a quick juice that make the perfect spring drink!
This Easy Grilled Sweet Ginger Pineapple Slices comes with a great recipe video!
Easy Spring Green Citrus Smoothie with Ginger
- 2 medium oranges
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ lemon, fresh juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup water, or coconut water to blend
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 cups kale, green, purple, or lacinato kale
- 2 Tbsp raw honey, optional, or more for sweeter
- 1 pinch salt
- 6-8 cubes ice, or to desired thickness
Place oranges, mint, vanilla, lemon juice, ginger, and water or coconut water to a blender and blend until smooth.2 medium oranges, 10 leaves fresh mint, ½ tsp vanilla extract, ½ lemon,, 1 tsp fresh ginger,, 1 cup water,
Add parsley, kale, honey, and salt to the blender and blend again until smooth.¼ cup parsley, 2 cups kale,, 2 Tbsp raw honey,, 1 pinch salt
Add ice cubes and blend again until smooth. Add more water or coconut water and/or ice and adjust to the desired thickness.6-8 cubes ice,
- All done! Enjoy!