It feels like this week has flown by without a blink of an eye. Even my son this morning, who always knows what day it is, was surprised it’s already Friday. Sometimes we really do just need to pause and enjoy the fresh air, the people around us and this quick grilled sweet ginger pineapple.
Do you ever feel bloated after dinner?
It’s a refresher. Pineapples are a great treat after a meal, especially if you feel bloated.
Another health benefit I like in this sweet pineapple recipe is in the ginger and honey.
The ginger is good for clearing up skin. Eating more of it also fights Alzheimer’s disease and cancer. Last but not least, honey is good for preventing infection. It fights the germs and bacteria in the body and promotes your health. Try this great tropical fruit with ginger and honey on a grill this summer, and don’t forget to stop and relax with your loved ones on the patio.
Growing up, barbecues happened quite frequently. And of course, I never complained. I was happy with my hot dogs, burgers, and salads. I could have a barbecue every day of the summer, and never get tired.
One summer night, I had a grilled pineapple. And boy was my mind blown. I had two thoughts racing in my head, over and over again.
“How are these pineapple slices so delicious?”
“Where has this been all my life?”
And my obsession with grilled pineapple was born.
Fast forward to today, and I still enjoy grilled pineapple. But I prefer mine with a bit more flavor now. Specifically, sweet ginger.
It is so good! The honey and ginger go so well with the juicy, sweet pineapples. And once you grill that combination? It becomes obsessive-worthy.
What I love about these grilled sweet ginger pineapple slices:
- They’re a healthy snack! Now, barbecues aren’t exactly synonymous with healthy foods, but this recipe is different!
- They’re easy to make! Have a little helper at home? This would be the perfect recipe they could help with during your busy barbeques! Just combine your marinade ingredients and let your pineapple slices sit in there for about 25 minutes.
What are these grilled sweet ginger pineapple slices made with?
Pineapple, obviously! Pineapples are loaded with nutrients like Vitamin C, B Vitamins, Fiber, and Manganese.
Ginger has some amazing health benefits. It is used all over the world because of its medicinal power as it aids in clearing up the skin, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and can also relieve oxidative stress.
When the honey hits your grill, it chars perfectly for an outstanding texture.
If you’re looking for healthier recipes to serve at your next barbecue, these Easy Grilled Sweet Ginger Pineapple Slices are a great start!
Easy Grilled Sweet Ginger Pineapple Slices
- cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Serving plate
- 1 pineapple, peeled & sliced
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 cup water
- Peel and slice pineapple.
- Peel and grate 1 inch ginger into a bowl. Mix with 4 tablespoons honey and 1 cup water.
- Place sliced pineapples into the ginger and honey bowl. Let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- Turn on your grill; on medium temperature grill the pineapple, 5-7 minutes each side.