Other than two of my kids, I don’t know anyone who is not crazy about zucchini. So good. Your guests will be pleased and satisfied. Just 20 minutes and this salad is done.
There is something about the sunshine and warm weather that just makes me want to eat vegetables and fruits all day long. Are you like that too? Waking up and drinking a cup of a freshly blended smoothie instead of a warm cup of coffee. (Coffee is for later in the day, no? ) And, when it comes to lunch or dinner, easy and simple is all you really want. right? Salads like this grilled zucchini corn salad, which takes only 20 minutes to put together, perfect for these warm summer days. Just add a side of meat, or fish, or don’t and just eat a salad.
What do you need to make this Summer Grilled Zucchini Salad?
Zucchini is probably the most versatile vegetable around! It’s low in calories and full of nutrients.
Corn contains fiber, helping you to stay full longer. It also is filled with vitamin C.
Red onion is filled with quercetin, which helps to fight inflammation and helps to lower high blood pressure.
Cherry tomatoes benefit heart health with lycopene, which also supports eye health.
Feta cheese is rich in calcium and protein.
Parsley is filled with carotenoids, flavonoids, and vitamins.
For the dressing, you’ll need salt & pepper, garlic, and olive oil.
20 Minute Grilled Zucchini Salad with Corn and Cheese
- 1 lb zucchini squash
- 2 corn cobs
- 2 Tbsp parsley, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- ⅓ cup goat ricotta cheese, or feta cheese
- Slice zucchini into rounds about ¼ inches thick.
- Place into a large bowl, add olive oil, and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat a grill until hot, add zucchini in batches. Grill for 2 minutes on one side, then turn over and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Coat corn cobs with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Grill on every side for about 1 min.
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Place grilled zucchini and corn into a bowl. Add garlic, parsley, onion, salt and pepper and toss gently.
- Transfer to a serving plate, top with tomatoes and cheese.