This simple Tuscan Soup will take you to Italy with it’s flavors and spices! It’s so filling and nutritious, you’ll want seconds.
Starting off the fall season with soups is quite literally the best way to do it. Easing in with fresh vegetables is a great option, too. Once September rolls around and October begins, we will be seeing more and more rain (depending on where you are). The chilly weather is best enjoyed curled up on the couch with a bowl of this delicious Tuscan Soup!
Tuscan Soup starts off with delicious spices, right from the beginning. Olive oil, rosemary, and onion flavors start this soup off, then adding delicious carrots, zucchini, and bell peppers. Finally, spinach and broth is added, and the crowning glory of this soup: the beans.
The white beans in this soup are powerhouses of nutrients. They fill you with protein, fiber, and support healthy body weight. They’re last to be added into this soup (if you want them in other recipes, they’re super easy to cook!).
There are so many more soup recipes that you can make this season. Check out these other 6 chunky soup recipes to make this time of year!
Table of Contents
What do I need to make this Tuscan Soup with White Beans?
White beans fill you with protein and help to fight free radical damage.
Onion supports your immune system and are rich in fiber.
Rosemary is rich in manganese, which supports metabolic health. It also helps to form blood clots.
Carrots fill you with beta-carotene, which supports eye health.
Zucchini is low in carbs but high in vitamin B6, which can help balance blood glucose.
Garlic supports your immune system with antioxidants and helps heart health.
Red bell peppers fill you with vitamin C, supporting your immune system, and vitamin A, supporting skin health.
Chicken broth warms you up as the base in this soup and fills you with minerals and vitamins.
Baby spinach is rich in potassium, helping to lower blood pressure, and reduces the risk of anemia with iron.
Along with those ingredients, you will need salt, olive oil, black pepper, and Italian seasonings.
Other great recipes on the blog you’ll love:
Easy Cream Cheese Bell Peppers Appetizer make the perfect light and easy veggie appetizer.
Easy Buffalo Cauliflower with a Homemade Dipping Sauce can be put together right at home with simple ingredients!
Tasty and Simple Tuscan Soup with White Beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced, about 2 cups
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 rosemary springs
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and rosemary and saute for 2 minutes, stirring a few times.1 large onion,, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 rosemary springs, 2 cloves garlic,
- Add sliced carrots, bell pepper, and zucchini, saute 3 more minutes. Add in the Italian seasoning and salt.2 medium carrots,, 1 zucchini,, 1½ tsp Italian seasoning, 1 red bell pepper,, ½ tsp salt
- Add chicken broth, bring to boil, reduce the heat to minimum-low and simmer for about 15 min until carrots are soft.2 quarts chicken broth
- Remove rosemary springs, add spinach and beans and bring to boil one more time.2 cups baby spinach, 2 cans white beans
- Taste and add more salt if needed. Your soup is ready, let it stand for 15 min in the pot before eating.½ tsp salt