Every bite of these grilled lamb chops will satisfy your tastebuds and have you excited for the next forkful!
This honey garlic marinade paired with the grilled earthly flavor of the lamb chops is succulent – and oh-so-easy to make! Enjoy your grilled lamb chops alongside salad, mashed potatoes, or grilled veggies for an easy and wholesome weeknight dinner.
Why You’ll Love These Grilled Lamb Chops
We can all get in ruts where we’re making the same kinds of weeknight dinners with the same type of protein day after day, and that typically means we overlook lamb. It falls by the wayside for some reason, but today I want to share this honey garlic grilled lamb chop recipe to show you how easy and delicious it can be!
Lamb is a great source of protein, vitamins, and zinc, and when enjoyed in moderation, it’s a great addition to a balanced diet. It has a rich earthy – sometimes gamey – flavor that people love, and today I’ve created a mouthwatering honey garlic marinade to complement it with some sweetness!
I love making lamb kebabs baked in the oven, but today we’re grilling! And don’t worry, I’ll also share some of my favorite meal pairings with lamb chops down below!
Ingredients To Make Honey Garlic Lamb
I love this recipe because it’s so flavorful and truly decadent, but the ingredients for the marinade are probably already in your kitchen. It just goes to show that the simplest of ingredients can create a magical meal. Start with lamb chops, and then collect the simple and wholesome ingredients below to add loads of flavor!
Honey Garlic Marinade
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Chopped rosemary
- Minced garlic
- Salt and black pepper
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How To Make Grilled Lamb Chops
Step 1: Mix Marinade
In a large bowl mix all ingredients for the marinade.
Note: You can use the marinade immediately, or let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to further meld the flavors.
Step 2: Add Lamb to Marinade
Add lamb chops to the marinade and coat them evenly on all sides. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave for 30 min.
Step 3: Preheat
Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Step 4: Grill
Grill the lamb chops for 3-4 min on both sides. (more if you like it well-done) Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.
The lamb chop “cut” is generally from the rib, loin, sirloin, or shoulder of the lamb.
In this recipe, the lamb only needs to sit in honey garlic marinade for 30 minutes before grilling, but you can also allow it to marinate – covered – in the fridge for 2 hours to overnight.
Lamb should be cooked relatively quickly over high heat, just like beef.
What to Serve with Grilled Lamb Chops
These honey-coated grilled lamb chops pair perfectly with such a wide variety of sides. Here are a few ideas to make your decision a little easier.
- Salad is an excellent light and fresh accompaniment to any protein, so try this Superfood Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing, a Fresh and Healthy Quinoa Salad with a Simple Vinaigrette, or this Simple Avocado Salad Recipe.
- These Simple Homemade Buttery Mashed Potatoes are comfort in a dish. Their creaminess will be amazing with your lamb chops!
- Alongside the mashed potatoes, serve a vegetable side dish like Seared Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Cheese, these Roasted Vegetables with Garlic Lemon Dressing, our Roasted Asparagus, or Roasted Carrots with Sage.
- Serve your lamb chops over this Classic Creamy Risotto dish.
- Try this flavorful Roasted Spaghetti Squash with a Creamy Sauce as a yummy side to your lamb chop protein.
More Lamb Recipes You’ll Love
- Enjoy this Classic Shepherds Pie with Ground Lamb, it’s the ultimate comfort food!
- This Simple One-Pot Hearty Soup with Beef or Lamb will warm you from within.
- You can’t go wrong with a Healthy Soup with Lamb and Herbs!
If you tried this Honey Garlic Grilled Lamb Chops or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Honey Garlic Grilled Lamb Chops
- 6-8 lamb chops
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for the marinade.3 Tbsp olive oil , 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp honey, 3 Tbsp lemon juice , ½ tsp lemon zest, ½ Tbsp rosemary,, 2 garlic cloves,, ¾ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper
Add lamb chops to the marinade and coat them in it evenly on all sides. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave for 30 min.6-8 lamb chops
Preheat your grill or grill pan on medium high.
Grill the lamb chops for 3-4 min on both sides. Let rest for 5 min before serving.
- If you like lamb chops well-done, grill for longer both sides.