Roasted Vegetables in the Oven Recipe with Easy Roasted Garlic Lemon Dressing
Hands down the best and easy way to enjoy a variety of root vegetables, seasonal vegetables or any type of vegetables is by roasting the vegetables in the oven. So simple, yet so classy and delicious. Toss it up with feta cheese and a roasted garlic-y lemon dressing and you got the best dish in town.
Roasted vegetables can be served early morning for breakfast, get together with friends, brunch, as a side dish with most any protein for lunch or dinner.
I am taking a break from all the sweet holiday baking, and enjoying simple healthy meals.
Love this colorful, flavorful oven roasted vegetable salad. Roasted vegetables is a side dish that my husband and I usually order at restaurants, I don’t know why I don’t make more of these kind of dishes at home. This one is definitely a restaurant worthy dish.
I love myself a nice bowl of vegetables, pretty sure you would love this one too. Such a great dish to brighten up any dinner table. Just look at all the colors. Yum! But wait till you make it and try the flavors. wow! So good!
Make sure to include the roasted garlic dressing. Made from everyday ingredients most people have on hand. Just 3 ingredients plus salt and pepper.
Adding Cheese to Roasted Vegetables
You don’t have to add the feta cheese to this recipe, but it does make a great creamy addition, with a nice bright white pop to the dish. You can also opt to a cheese you like more than feta cheese.
Table of Contents
What kind of Vegetables are Best to Roast?
For the most part, any vegetables can be roasted. I like to roast a variety of vegetables together. Potatoes, carrots and asparagus are some popular veggies to roast. But don’t let your creativity stop at those options.
For this roasted vegetables recipes I use a variety of vegetables that are in season now, and taste great together.
Butternut squash– A winter superfood, full of vitamins and antioxidants .
Broccoli– Love roasted broccoli. Such a great way to get those vitamins and calcium into your diet.
Sweet potatoes– I used the blue sweet potatoes for the color it’s also richer in anthocyanin than the regular orange one.
Bell peppers– You can use any that you like, the red ones are my favorite and the red color gives a great bright color to the salad.
Do you leave the skin on the Sweet Potatoes when Roasting?
First of all, it saves time to not have to peel the potatoes. It’s safe to eat. And the skin on a sweet potato has vitamins you don’t want to miss out on. Rich in nutrients, antioxidants, fiber and supports a healthy gut. Next time you are thinking to peel or not to peel, keep the skin on for the most nutrition out of your sweet potato.
Lets talk about the Dressing for Roasted Potatoes
You won’t believe how incredibly easy it is to make roasted vegetables taste even better, just by adding a simple dressing. This one is a super easy way to spice up veggies and bring more flavor to the table. Just 3 simple ingredients.
You will need a whole head of garlic, some olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
I add microgreens anywhere I can. To avocado toasts, salads, and smoothies. And if I can add them to roasted vegetables, why not!? They add a beautiful fresh green color and add hidden nutrients and vitamins to the dish without compromising the flavors.
What do Microgreens Taste Like?
Usually served fresh. Microgreens come in different flavors. Some are sweet, mild, herb-like taste, or not much taste at all and some have a spicy nutty flavor. I don’t find that they ever ruin the taste of a dish. So no matter which ones you pick up they go great with roasted vegetables in the oven.
How to make these roasted vegetables:
A Great Roasting Vegetables Recipe with Garlic Lemon Dressing
- Serving plate
- mixing spoon
- 2 cups butternut squash , peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, I used blue ones for a nice color
- 2 cups bell pepper, any color, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup microgreens, any that you like
- 1 cup feta cheese, cubed
- 1 large garlic head
Garlic Lemon Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all veggies on parchment covered baking pan. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.2 cups butternut squash ,, 2 cups broccoli,, 2 cups sweet potatoes,, 2 cups bell pepper,, 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning, ¼ tsp salt,, ¼ tsp black pepper,
- Cut the tip off the garlic head to exposing the cloves. Wrap the head of garlic in a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil.1 large garlic head, 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Place on top of the veggies.
- Place vegetables in oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- For the dressing mix 1/4 cup olive oil with lemon juice, salt and pepper.¼ cup olive oil, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, ⅓ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper
- When the vegetables are cooked, remove garlic from the foil and let it cool util it's easy to handle. Then squeeze out the garlic cloves and mesh them with a fork into paste. Mix with the dressing.
- To serve the salad, layer the vegetables on a serving plate, top with feta cheese and micro-green and drizzle with the dressing. Or just mix everything carefully in a bowl.1 cup feta cheese,, 1 cup microgreens,