This super simple Salmon with Tomatoes recipe makes the perfect weeknight dinner the whole family can enjoy.
What’s on your dinner menu for this week? I hope this salmon with tomatoes recipe is on it because it is so good and so easy to make. And I’m certain everyone in your family will love this dish. Even the little ones. Because this salmon features grated cheese.
And kids love cheese (so do I)
Winner winner, there’s cheesy salmon for dinner.
This recipe comes together effortlessly – I know that’s a big relief for so many people who are intimidated by salmon. Well, this meal is pretty hands-off. You just need a little bit of prep work, and you let it bake for about 20-25 minutes in the oven.
I know you’re really liking the sound of this now.
Seriously, I love making this recipe when I’m short on time. It also doesn’t leave my kitchen in a mess that I don’t want to clean. And that’s always a good thing.
Table of Contents
Three simple steps:
You’ll want to season your salmon first. Salt and pepper, some salmon seasoning, and the juice of half a lemon.
Brush with mayonnaise. For those questioning this step – I promise the salmon won’t taste like goopy mayo: it’s to help keep the salmon juicy and tender.
Finally, you’ll top it all off with sliced tomatoes and grated cheese. I like parmesan, but choose whatever your family likes best.
Now you’re ready to cover in foil and bake. And this is the tough part: waiting 20 minutes to dig in!
I love serving this salmon with tomatoes with orzo and spinach. And if you’re looking for a truly Italian flavor, serve over a bed of tomato-basil quinoa. Yum!
Seafood lovers, you gotta try these other seafood recipes:
Tasty and Easy Oven Baked Salmon with Tomatoes Recipe
- 1½ lb salmon
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced (or 7 cherry tomatoes)
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ Tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salmon seasoning
- On an oven safe sheet, place foil (or parchment paper) (should be a bit more than your salmon size so you could close it to cook.)
- Place salmon on paper. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, salmon seasoning, and squeeze out half a lemon (without seeds.)1½ lb salmon, salt and pepper, salmon seasoning, ½ lemon,
- Brush salmon with mayonnaise.½ Tbsp mayonnaise
- Spread sliced tomatoes on salmon and sprinkle with grated cheese.2 medium tomatoes,, ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese,
- Close the salmon with foil and place in oven for 20-25 minutes, if you like, you could open the foil for the last 3-5 minutes so cheese gets golden.
- Cut salmon into pieces and serve.