Serve up an extraordinary combination of ingredients in this Summer Berry Salad! Juicy strawberries, soft goat cheese, crunchy almonds, greens, and a divine dressing. This summer berry salad with goat cheese and almonds has got it all!
In this seasonal berry salad, every ingredient plays a special part. The bed of lettuce sets the stage with a leafy crunch, while the sweet berries and crunchy almonds perfectly blend. The creamy goat cheese is the star of the show with its tangy and earthy flavors.
Table of Contents
Romaine lettuce: Crisp and refreshing, romaine lettuce provides a satisfying crunch to any fresh summer salad.
Spring mix: Spring mix is a delightful blend of tender baby greens, adding variety and a delicate flavor.
Strawberries: Juicy and sweet, strawberries bring a burst of freshness and vibrant color to the salad.
Goat cheese: Creamy and tangy, goat cheese adds a luxurious and velvety texture to this summer fruit salad.
Lemon zest: Zesty and aromatic lemon zest adds a bright, citrusy note.
Toasted almonds: Nutty toasted almonds provide a crunchy texture and a hint of smokiness, making a great berry salad topping.
Maple syrup: Maple syrup adds a subtle sweetness.
Salt: Salt enhances the flavors of this summer salad with fruit and cheese.
Chili pepper flakes: For those who enjoy a bit of heat, a sprinkle of chili pepper flakes adds a delightful kick.
For the Easy Berry Salad Dressing:
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to make a Summer Berry Salad with Goat Cheese and Almonds
Step 1: In a skillet over medium-low heat add almonds and maple syrup. Stir to coat evenly. Stir constantly for about 2-3 minutes, being careful to not burn them.
Step 2: Remove the pan from heat and transfer almonds onto a silicone mat or parchment paper. Sprinkle it with salt and chili flakes.
Step 3: Make the dressing. Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined. Or put all of the ingredients in a jar and give it a shake.
Step 4: Wash the salad leaves. Wash and slice the strawberries.
Step 5: To assemble the salad, place greens on a plate for the base. Add sliced strawberries on top and crumble the goat cheese. Then drizzle with dressing and sprinkle caramelized almonds on top.
- You can save time by prepping some of the ingredients in advance! Wash and dry the lettuce and spring mix, slice the strawberries, and crumble the goat cheese ahead of time. This way, you’ll have everything ready to assemble when you’re ready to enjoy your almond and berry salad.
- To make this salad a filling meal, you can add protein. Grilled chicken, shrimp, or even plant-based options like tofu or chickpeas all are satisfying choices! Protein will not only add more flavor and texture but also keep you feeling full and energized.
Absolutely! If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, you can easily substitute it with another cheese. Feta, blue cheese, or even milder cheese like mozzarella are great options.
While you technically can use frozen berries, it’s not recommended. It’s best to use fresh berries for a crisp and vibrant salad experience.
In a skillet over medium-low heat, combine the almonds and maple syrup. Stir constantly for about 2-3 minutes, being careful to not burn them. Sprinkle them atop the salad once you’re ready to serve.
Enjoy these delicious recipes, too:
Chocolate Ganache is super easy to put together and goes on so many desserts!
Mandarin Orange Mousse Cake with Citrus is a super easy cake that looks and tastes like it came from a bakery!
Other Strawberry recipes to try:
If you tried this Berry Salad with Goat Cheese and Almonds or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Summer Berry Salad with Goat Cheese and Almonds
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 cup spring mix
- 1 handful strawberries
- 2 Tbsp goat cheese, soft
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup toasted almonds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- salt, to taste
- ⅛ tsp chili pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over medium-low heat add almonds and maple syrup. Stir to coat evenly. Stir constantly for about 2-3 minutes, being careful to not burn them.¼ cup toasted almonds, 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Remove pan from heat and transfer almonds onto silicone mat or parchment paper. Sprinkle it with salt and chili flakes.salt,, ⅛ tsp chili pepper flakes
- Make dressing. Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined. Or put all of the ingredients in a jar and give it a shake.½ tsp lemon zest, 1 Tbsp maple syrup, 2 Tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, salt,, black pepper,
- Wash the salad leaves. Wash and slice the strawberries.1 cup spring mix, 1 handful strawberries, 1 cup romaine lettuce
- To assemble the salad, place greens on a plate for the base. Add sliced strawberries on top and crumble goat cheese. Then drizzle with dressing and sprinkle caramelized almonds on top.2 Tbsp goat cheese,