Raise your virtual hands if you could use some more quick, easy recipes in your life. Especially if they come in the form of breakfast foods.
Today I’ve got the perfect make-ahead breakfast idea that doubles up as a delicious, after-dinner dessert. It’s a wonderful ode to Valentine’s Day because it is beautifully pink, romantic, and oh so pretty! This Creamy Strawberry Chia Pudding will become a fast favorite in your home!
Made with only a handful of ingredients, it is so simple to make! You’re welcome.
Benefits Of Chia Seeds
Chia Seeds are one of my favorite superfoods. And I love the gel-like, chewy texture in this scrumptious pudding.
- They deliver a massive amount of nutrients with fewer calories.
- They are high in Omega-3 fatty acids
- They’re packed with antioxidants
- Great source of fiber and protein
- They can help lower cholesterol
Tips For The Perfect Strawberry Chia Pudding
Measure Out Your Milk First
You could use any kind of milk you’d like, but coconut milk and oat milk are my favorite when it comes to chia pudding. Blend with your strawberries.
Add Your Choice Of Sweetener To Milk/Strawberries
I like mixing honey into the milk before adding anything else.
The Perfect Ratio
A lot of people complain of chia pudding that’s too runny or too thick. I find the perfect ratio is ⅓ cup of chia seeds to 1 cup of liquid. But if you want something a tad lighter, feel free to use ¼ cups of chia seeds per 1 cup of liquid.
Set For At Least 3 Hours
Or make it the night before to enjoy in the morning!
I hope you try making this Strawberry Chia Pudding at home. It is absolutely lip-smacking!
How to make Creamy Strawberry Chia Pudding
Creamy Strawberry Chia Pudding
- 1¾ cup coconut milk, or milk of choice
- ½ cup strawberries
- 2-4 Tbsp honey, depending on desired sweetness
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 Tbsp chia seeds, divided
- berries, for topping
- Place milk, strawberries, honey, vanilla, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour liquid into two pint sized glass jars.
- Add 3 tablespoons chia seeds to each glass jar and whisk until well combined.
- Let sit for 2-3 hours or until gelled, or place in refrigerator overnight.
- Serve as is or topped with extra sliced strawberries or other berries.