This windy weather has got me dreaming about the tropics. Oh, what I wouldn’t do to be on a beach right now, the cool breeze blowing through my hair, while I enjoy a freshly prepared concoction of tropical goodness right inside of a coconut shell.
That sounds heavenly, doesn’t it?
While you might not be able to get to those tropical islands, you could bring the goodness to you – in a cup. These Tropical Green Chia Fruit Cups are so delicious! It’s like taking a bite out of a tropical island, minus the sand.
It’s one of my favorite ways to start the day. Why?
- It’s sweet but healthy. I love a good sweet breakfast, but those sweet spreads tend to be a bit on the unhealthy side. This chia fruit cup is sweetened with a hint of honey and has loads of nutrients from spinach, pineapple, mango, coconut milk, and chia seeds.
- It’s so easy to prepare! Whether you’re using fresh or frozen fruit, all there is to this is mixing the chia seeds with honey and coconut milk and adding in the rest of your ingredients. Leave overnight, and voila! The ultimate breakfast!
- It’s a breeze to travel with! Sometimes I’m rushing out of the door. Having a cup (or jar) of this in the fridge really frees up my time! I can easily eat it wherever!
Easy Recipe for Sweet Tropical Green Chia Fruit Cups
- 1½ cups pineapple, fresh or defrosted from frozen
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 small pinch salt
- 5 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 cups mango, chopped
- Add all ingredients except chia seeds and mango to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add 5 Tablespoons of chia seeds to a quart-sized mason jar then pour blended fruit mixture on top. Mix well with a spoon.
- Place a lid on the jar and shake it well until seeds are evenly distributed then allow the jar to sit in the refrigerator for several hours until thick.
- Serve layered with chopped mango and shredded coconut if desired.