When mango season rolls around, you know my kitchen is filled with only the best varieties. Mango recipes are everywhere! Mango lassi, mango-crab salad, mango guacamole, mango-beet salad with edible flowers, quinoa-mango-black bean salad, and a tropical matcha smoothie bowl with mango are just a couple of my favorite recipes that have mango in them. The options really are endless, as well as the flavor combinations! Mango makes the perfect sweet snack, especially when combined with some savory flavors.
What are some of the Benefits of Mango?
Putting sweet and savory ingredients in one bowl saves time on the dishes and gives you both the sweet and savory tastes in one plate. This avocado-mango salad is very filling and very nutritious. As you probably know, avocados are considered one of the world’s most nutritious ingredients. Mangoes also have plenty of health benefits. Mango is an excellent fruit that helps keep your cholesterol in check. It’s great for your skin, fights cancer, is great for the digestive system, and is especially great for your eyesight.
In this dish, the sweet mango and creamy avocado go very well together with chicken and red onion. But the tangy flavor of lemon makes every flavor stand out! The chicken in this salad adds a good source of protein and helps build strong bones. As for the health benefits of red onions, this ingredient will boost your immunity and help you with its anti-aging properties.
What Ingredients are needed to make an Avocado and Chicken Salad with Mango
First, you will need to gather the ingredients:
Chicken breast: A low-calorie protein. Just cook, slice, and add it in. Super simple!
Red onion: Gives this mango-chicken salad a crunch.
Avocado: High in healthy fats.
Mango: Mangoes and avocados work great together.
Lemon: Gives this salad that citrus kick.
Olive oil: Keep your heart healthy by adding olive oil to your salads!
Salt and pepper: These flavor everything just right.
Parsley: A well-known herb that works wonders for your health by providing vitamins.
Dill: Gives you calcium and keeps your bones healthy.
In this dish, the mango and avocado go very well together with chicken and red onion and the tangy flavor of lemon makes every flavor stand out! The chicken in this salad adds a good source of protein and helps build strong bones! As for the health of red onions, this ingredient will boost your immunity and it’s anti-aging.
How to make this Easy Avocado and Chicken Salad with Mango
Easy Avocado and Chicken Salad with Mango
- 1 small chicken breast, cooked
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced into strips
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ Tbsp parsley, chopped
- ½ Tbsp dill, chopped
- Place one small chicken breast in a pot with cold water, bring to boil and cook chicken for 15-20 minutes until tender. Take it out, let cool down, then slice into thin strips. Put into a mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice 1/2 red onion and add it to the bowl with chicken.
- Peel 1 avocado and 1 mango, cut into strips and place into the bowl with onion and chicken.
- Chop parsley and dill and add to the salad.
- Drizzle the salad with 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and juice from 1/2 lemon, add 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste), and mix carefully.