The Easy Avocado and Chicken Salad with Mango is a colorful, refreshing, and mouthwatering summer salad that’s bursting with flavor. It’s gluten-free and the combination of flavors comes together so well that you get the creamy, crispy, and crunchy tastes all in one.
Sweet mango is one of my favorite fruits in summer. When mango season rolls around, you know my kitchen is filled with only the best varieties. Mango recipes are everywhere!
The options are endless, as well as the flavor combinations! Bright yellow mango makes the perfect sweet snack, especially when combined with some savory flavors.
Tender chicken breast with vegetables are some of the most popular salads and this chicken mango salad is no exception. Because it’s both filling and nutritious, a large bowl of this healthy mango salad makes for a perfect lunch on a hot summer day or a light dinner on those busy weeknights.
The salad ingredients are pantry staples and they could be easily bought at your local grocery store if an ingredient or two is missing. This chicken mango salad recipe is an easy, healthy, and delicious salad. The fresh, healthy ingredients blend to make a refreshing salad with a tropical flair.
Table of Contents
What Ingredients are needed to make an Avocado, Chicken Salad with Mango
Chicken breast: Chicken breasts or chicken thighs work as well. Just cook, slice, and add it in. Super simple!
Red onion: Gives this chicken mango avocado salad a crunch.
Avocado: Use a nice ripe avocado, not a mushy or firm texture to get the best taste and texture. The creamy and rich texture of the avocado makes you feel full for longer.
Fresh mango: The sweetness of mango pairs perfectly with avocados and chicken and the fresh mangoes add a pop of color to the salad.
Lemon Juice: Gives this salad that citrus kick and the tangy flavor of lemon makes every flavor stand out.
Extra virgin olive oil: Makes the best choice for a salad dressing.
Salt and pepper: They flavor everything just right.
Parsley: A great addition to this fresh summer salad.
Dill: The fragrant flavor works wonders for this recipe.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to make avocado mango chicken salad
1: Prepare the chicken breasts
- Place one small chicken breast in a pot with cold water, bring to boil medium-high heat, and cook chicken for 15-20 minutes until tender.
2: Slice the cooked chicken breast
- Once done, take the chicken out of the pot, let it cool down, then slice it into thin strips and put it into a salad bowl.
3: Prepare the vegetables and fruit
- Thinly slice the red onion and add it to the bowl with the chicken. Then peel avocado and mango, cut into strips, and place into the salad bowl with onion and chicken. Everything should be in bite-size pieces.
4: Chop the herbs
- Chop parsley and dill and add to the salad.
5: Drizzle, season, and serve
- Drizzle the salad with extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper (to taste), and mix carefully. Serve and enjoy!
How to store leftover chicken mango avocado salad
- Because of the salad ingredients such as avocado which turn brown when exposed to air, it’s better to consume this salad immediately. Storing and freezing are not recommended.
- You can use leftover chicken breasts or leftover Instant Pot Shredded Chicken or Instant Pot Whole Chicken in this recipe.
- Use a ripe mango which gives slightly when you press on it, indicating soft flesh inside.
- You can substitute lemon juice with lime juice.
Mango is great for your skin, fights cancer, is great for the digestive system, and is especially great for your eyesight. The chicken adds a good source of protein and helps build strong bones. Red onions will boost your immunity and help you with its anti-aging properties. Avocados are healthy fats that are necessary for optimal health, and nutrient absorption and provide fuel for your metabolism. Extra virgin olive oil is also rich in healthy fats.
There are a few tips to prevent sogginess. Salt can draw out moisture from ingredients like fruits and veggies so add it at the end just before serving. For ingredients like fruits, use a salad shaker or layout paper towels in a container and shake the ingredients of your salad inside it to remove the moisture. Lightly drizzling lemon juice or lime juice on top of the salad also prevents sogginess.
Yes. Chop all of the ingredients except for the avocado. Save the avocado to prevent browning until just before serving. Refrigerate all of the prepped ingredients until you’re ready to toss the salad together.
Other salad recipes to make
The Simple Avocado Salad with Tomatoes is a light, easy, and perfect summertime salad.
The Mexican Cobb Salad with Chicken and BBQ Ranch Dressing is a nutritious, flavor-filled, and filling salad.
This colorful Summer Fruit Salad with Citrus Mint Dressing is bursting with flavor and nutrition and makes a perfect dessert.
More Mango Recipes to Try
If you tried this Easy Avocado and Chicken Salad with Mango or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Easy Avocado and Chicken Salad with Mango
- 1 small chicken breast, cooked
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced into strips
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ Tbsp parsley, chopped
- ½ Tbsp dill, chopped
Place one small chicken breast in a pot with cold water, bring to boil and cook chicken for 15-20 minutes until tender. Take it out, let cool down, then slice into thin strips. Put into a mixing bowl.1 small chicken breast,
Thinly slice the red onion and add it to the bowl with chicken.½ red onion,
Peel avocado and mango, cut into strips and place into the bowl with onion and chicken.½ avocado,, 1 mango,
Chop parsley and dill and add to the salad.½ Tbsp parsley,, ½ Tbsp dill,
Drizzle the salad with extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice, add salt (or to taste), and mix carefully.½ lemon,, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper
- You can use any cooked chicken for this salad.
- Pick a rip mango.
- Use fresh dill.