Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Fruit and Chicken
A tasty Shaved Brussel Sprouts Chicken Salad with Fruit and a Sweet Honey Dijon Dressing! Yum! This is the kind of salad you would find at a restaurant. On a bed of shaved brussel sprouts, protein packed marinated chicken, crunchy walnuts, sweet crispy apples and tart pomegranate. All drizzled with a homemade honey Dijon mustard vinaigrette.
All the best of fall favorite ingredients in one bowl!
Table of Contents
How to Shred Brussel Sprouts
Brussel sprouts are easy to shred.
- You don’t need to remove the core.
- Rinse: Start off by giving a good rinse and remove any discolored leaves.
- Shred: You could use a sharp knife thinly vertically and slice Brussel sprouts, or use a mandoline slicer.
- Wash: After slicing place in a large bowl and wash with cold water, then rinse well.
Ingredients You Will Need for the Salad
Chicken: Chicken breast. Make sure to marinade the chicken in oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and lemon zest for extra flavors.
Brussel sprouts: Check above to see how to rinse and shred.
Fruit: Apples (any variety), pomegranate add a tart and sweet crunch.
Nuts: Speaking of crunch, add in walnuts for a nutty flavor (love nuts in a salad)
Cheese please. Optional but recommended .
Is Vinaigrette hard to Make?
In two words, very simple. Use a light olive oil when making vinaigrette. For a Dijon Honey dressing, all you got to do is add Dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey and olive oil with salt and pepper in a small bowl and give it a good whisk. That’s it! No difficult pronouncing ingredients involved.
Here are some more great recipes to put together:
Vegan Crispy Sweet Potato Patties (Gluten Free) are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside!
Tender Breaded Chicken in the Oven on Skewers make a great protein main dish option.
Shaved Brussel Sprouts with Chicken Salad and Fruit and Nuts
- grill pan
- salad bowl
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 red apple
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Pound chicken breasts a few times to make an even thickness.
- Mix all ingredients of the marinade in a ziplock bag. Add chicken and coat it evenly in spices. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the grill pan and cook marinated chicken for 3 min per every side.
- Let the chicken cool down and slice into ¼ inch pieces
- Halve brussel sprouts vertically and slice thinly.
- Whisk all ingredients for the dressing.
- Toss all salad ingredients and drizzle with the dressing.