This next salad was inspired by our last trip to Las Vegas. For lunch one day, we ate at a new restaurant in the Aria hotel. I ordered a delicious chicken Cobb salad, and when I came home I was craving it. In case you need to satisfy your craving for it, too, here’s my version of a chicken Cobb salad with homemade ranch dressing!
Chicken Cobb salad comes with a load of healthy benefits. First of all, it is packed with protein which comes from the chicken, eggs and bacon. Next, a good source of heart healthy fats come from the monosaturated fatty acids in the avocado. Monosaturated fats are basically fats that are the healthy alternative to trans fats and refined fats. It is found in avocados, nuts and olive oil and has decreased risk of breast cancer and supporting weight loss. Lastly, the juicy, red tomato promotes healthy skin by protecting it from sun damage.
I hope this salad satisfies you as much as it did me!
Easy Chicken Cobb Salad with Dairy-Free Ranch
- cutting board
- garlic press
- salad bowl
- ½ lb chicken thighs, cooked & shredded
- 2 large eggs, boiled & chopped
- 2 slices bacon, sauteed & chopped
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped, or parsley
- 1 Tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside. (Mayonnaise, cilantro, dill, chives, garlic, lemon juice, & almonds milk.) (Dairy-Free Ranch can be refrigerated for up to 4 days sealed.)
- Add all salad ingredients together and drizzle with ranch dressing.