What does Indian butter chicken taste like?
Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani) is a bite of tender cooked chicken, in a creamy sweet, yet mild sauce.
The main ingredient in a butter chicken recipe is spices, which include turmeric, chili powder, cumin, and garam masala.
Easy Indian Butter Chicken Recipe
- 1 packet butter chicken seasoning mix
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 7½ oz tomato sauce 1 small can
- 1 cup half & half or heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, heat up 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- To the skillet add 1 lb of cubed chicken and onion and stir fry for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add 1 package of butter chicken seasoning mix, 7oz tomato sauce, and 1 cup of half-and-half cream. Stir well.
- Continue cooking on medium low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve with cooked basmati rice.
- Garnish each plate with fresh parsley.