How long to cook chicken nuggets in the oven?
These chicken nuggets bake for 15 minutes in the oven at 400F until they’re golden brown. If you want them to be crispier, you can bake for a little bit longer to your desired crispiness.
How many calories in homemade chicken nuggets?
This recipe makes 6 servings of chicken nuggets, with each serving at 483 calories per serving.
What chicken meat makes chicken nuggets?
You can use tenderloin, breast, or even chicken thighs for chicken nuggets. This homemade chicken nugget recipe uses chicken breast tenders to make the nuggets since it’s the easiest to work with.
How to make Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1⅓ cup parmesan, grated
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp salt
- ½ cup flour, unbleached, all-purpose
- 3 large eggs
- Cut chicken strips into small-sized pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Put a cooling rack on a baking sheet, spray the cooling rack if needed.
- In one bowl or dish mix 2 cup of panko, 2/3 cup of grated parmesan, 2 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and 2 teaspoons of salt.
- In another dish whisk 3 large eggs and sift 1/2 cup of flour. Mix together.
- Take chicken pieces and dredge them in egg mixture.
- In small batches take the chicken pieces and roll well in the panko mix.
- Put the pieces onto the cooling rack. Finish the rest of the chicken nuggets and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- When ready, they will be lightly browned up and crispy on the outside and when you take a bite you get a moist delicious chicken nugget. Don’t forget the ketchup! * Best if served fresh.