Georgian Chicken in Garlic Walnut Sauce with Spices (Satcivi)
- 2 lb chicken thighs, or breasts, skinless
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp khmeli suneli
- 3 tsp red pepper
- 3 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups walnuts, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp salt
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Put chicken into a pot, fill with water and 2 Tbsp salt. Boil for 30 minutes.
- Once finished, take chicken out a cut into smaller pieces then transfer to a pan with 3 Tbsp unsalted butter (save the water, you will need it later).
- Frequently turn over the chicken and lightly brown it.
- To the chicken skillet, add 1 tsp khmeli suneli, 3 tsp black pepper, 3 tsp red pepper, and 1 tsp curry powder.
- Add 2 cups crushed walnuts and 3 minced garlic cloves. Then top off with the water from the boiled chicken, just enough to cover the chicken.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until it comes to a boil. Add more salt and pepper to taste. All done, serve warm!