These coconut macaroons are always a hit at any party. They’re soft and chewy on the inside while beautifully crispy on the outside. Oh and did I mention? They’re full of delicious coconut flavor! Yum!
I am obsessed with all things coconut. So when I tell you these coconut macaroons are out of this world, I’m not joking around. Yes, I take coconut recipes quite seriously, only kidding, but these are so easy to make and tasty.
Table of Contents
Why Make These Coconut Macaroons?
They’re delicious. Delicious is an understatement. They are drool-worthy.
They’re so easy to make! I know, I know. The word “macaroon” just screams intimidating but I promise, these aren’t difficult to make at all. And the best part? You only need 5 ingredients to make these!
They’re oh so beautiful. If you’re looking for party food or something that screams “impressive” these cookies are it! They look so pretty at any event.
You can make plenty of these. The recipe I’ve listed makes between 32-36 macaroons. You can just double the ingredients and make over 60 cookies! Enough to feed a crowd. Or you know, keep for yourself, because these are irresistible.
These coconut macaroons are scrumptious just the way they are. But if you’re looking to change things up or elevate it, here’s how!
- Melt some chocolate and dip these cooked macaroons in it. Then let it stand to cool. It tastes amazing!
- You can turn these coconut macaroons into pina colada macaroons! Add 1-2 tablespoons of drained, crushed pineapples into your mixture.
What do I need to make this recipe?
- Coconut– shredded and unsweetened. You can also use sweetened but it will be a super sweet dessert.
- Eggs: Just the whites form 3 large eggs.
- Condensed sweetened milk: Fine.
- Flavor: Just a pinch of pure vanilla extract.
You can incorporate coconut into your meals more with these recipes:
A Baked Warm Fruit Salad With Chocolate Coconut and Almonds is the perfect dessert after any dinner!
I love making this Creamy Coconut Blueberry Smoothie as a filling breakfast in the morning!
4 Ingredients Gluten-Free Sweet, Crispy and Simple Coconut Macaroons
Ice cream scoop
- 14 oz coconut, shredded
- 3 large egg whites
- 14 1oz sweetened condensed milk
- ⅘ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix together 14oz sweetened condensed milk, shredded coconut and 1/8 tsp vanilla.14 oz coconut,, 14 1oz sweetened condensed milk, ⅘ tsp pure vanilla extract
On high speed beat 3 large egg whites together till white and fluffy. Carefully fold in the egg whites to the coconut mixture.3 large egg whites
- Using an ice cream spoon or regular spoon, scoop about 2 Tablespoons of the mix into a mound and place 1 inch apart on the baking tray.
- Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes, tips of the coconut macaroons should get golden brown.
- Take out, let cool completely before serving, otherwise they could fall apart. Enjoy!