A Creamy Coconut Blueberry Smoothie with a hint of vanilla and lemon zest is all you need to make a Berry smoothie with a tropical twist! The richness of the smoothie, coconut aroma, blueberry taste, and gorgeous purple color is the perfect way to start your day.
Are you missing those warm summer days as much as I am? Sometimes I love the rain and the coziness of soups and warm dishes, but other days all I want is to drink a smoothie in the heat, under the beating sun. On those days, l like to pull out my frozen blueberries and coconut milk: you bet the cold weather won’t stop me from feeling tropical!
That’s the beauty of smoothies. No matter the weather, mood, or cravings, smoothies can always deliver. They are a great way to lift your mood, help you start the day in a great mood, and fill you up with benefits that you definitely need. Smoothies have many health benefits and are a convenient way to add more fruits and veggies into your day.
The Dairy-Free Blueberry Coconut Smoothie gives your body antioxidants and hydration and is a refreshing change from green smoothies.
The hint of vanilla will take your taste buds to a tropical island and that touch of lemon zest perfectly complements the blueberries and coconut flavors. The healthy smoothie makes for a nutritious and delicious breakfast, light lunch, or healthy snack.
Table of Contents
What makes this Blueberry Coconut Milk Smoothie irresistible?
- It uses simple ingredients.
- The fresh fruit gives you a boost of energy.
- Those coconut flavors give the smoothie a wonderful tropical coconut twist.
- The blueberry smoothie recipe is easy to make and is the perfect way to get a healthy and quick breakfast.
- The delicious smoothie keeps you full for longer.
- It’s a thick smoothie with a creamy texture and it’s bursting with delicious flavors.
- Kids will love the Blueberry Banana Coconut Smoothie
Key Ingredients to Make Creamy Coconut Blueberry Smoothie:
Coconut milk: Use unsweetened coconut milk as it adds that creamy texture to the smoothie.
Coconut water: This health-packed superfood adds that coconut flavor and natural sweetness to your Blueberry Smoothie Recipe.
Frozen blueberries: They are key to making a thick and creamy smoothie.
Vanilla extract: Adds a touch of smooth flavor to this smoothie.
Banana: A frozen banana will thicken your smoothie and add natural sweetness to it.
Lemon: Balances the sweetness of the fruit with a little tanginess.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to Make Blueberry Coconut Milk Smoothie
Step 1: Place ingredients in a blender
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender.
2: Blend then adjust
- Blend on high speed until smooth. Adjust thickness by adding additional coconut milk or ice cubes, if needed.
Step 3: Serve and enjoy
- Pour in a glass or mason jar and enjoy right away!
How to store leftover
- The smoothie is best served fresh. However, you can store leftovers in an airtight bottle or container in your fridge for up to 2 days. Give it a good stir before serving.
- You can freeze the smoothie and thaw it in the fridge overnight before serving again.
- You can use almond milk as a substitute for coconut milk.
- To garnish your smoothie, you can add some chia seeds, oats, coconut flakes, or blueberries.
- Frozen fruit makes the smoothie thick, creamy, and cool, without having to use ice cubes which can water it down. If you use a ripe banana or fresh blueberries, add a handful of ice cubes to make it nice and cool.
- A high-speed blender will result in the smoothest smoothie. If you use a standard blender, blend the blueberries and coconut milk first then add the rest of the ingredients. You may also need to blend for a minute longer.
Blueberries fill you with vitamin K, helping your blood to clot. Banana is rich in potassium and can lower your risk of stroke. Lemon supports digestion and helps to build your immune system. Coconut milk is a calorie-rich food that contains antioxidants and may promote heart health.
The frozen fruit and coconut water add natural sweetness to the smoothie. However, if you like sweeteners in your smoothie, you can add honey or maple syrup.
Other smoothie recipes you’ll love:
Grapefruit Lime Drink with Rosemary Simple Syrup is a classy mocktail you don’t have to go out to enjoy!
Make the most of summer fruits with these Homemade Cherry Ice Pops!
More Tasty Drink Recipes to Enjoy
If you tried this Creamy Coconut Blueberry Smoothie or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Creamy Coconut Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1½ cups coconut water
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Add all ingredients to a blender.1 can organic coconut milk, 1½ cups coconut water, 2 cups frozen blueberries, ½ tsp vanilla extract, 1 banana, 1 tsp lemon zest
Blend until smooth.
- Coconut milk can be substituted for regular whole milk or 2% milk.