The weather here in the Northwest has finally gotten hot enough that it actually feels like summer, and refreshing drinks like this citrusy, creamy golden lemon smoothie are all you really need to cool off from the heat, feel good, and strengthen your immune system too!
Light, creamy, and smooth, this Lemon Smoothie is filled with healthy ingredients to give you a boost of energy so you can kick-start your day the right way. This smoothie is great for any time of the day, but I like it best first thing in the morning or as an afternoon snack because it works as a sort of pick-me-up.
And let’s be real, smoothies take about 2 minutes to make and they are refreshing on a hot day. Other than a blender, you don’t have many dishes to wash, which means you can relax in the sun much longer. Smoothies make a quick breakfast on those busy mornings and they are an easy way to have a big health punch.
This particular lemon smoothie combines fresh lemon juice and lemon zest blended with yogurt and milk. Honey is added for natural sweetness and tastes amazing with lemons which are a good source of Vitamin C. The single ingredient that makes this creamy lemon smoothie special is for sure the ground turmeric. It has anti-inflammatory properties and many other health benefits.
If you’re feeling a bit under the weather or you feel like you have a cold coming, sore throat, sore muscles, or joint pain then you need to be sipping this immune-boosting drink. This turmeric smoothie is one of the healthy smoothie recipes that will steer your body toward recovery. It’s a natural pain reliever because of the combination of lemon, honey, and turmeric.
Why you’ll love the lemon smoothie?
- It’s versatile making it perfect for summer and cold weather too!
- Filling, quick and easy recipe with many health benefits.
- It’s made with simple ingredients right from your pantry.
- The kids will love it which is a bonus.
Key Ingredients for the Creamy Golden Lemon Smoothie with Turmeric
- Vanilla yogurt: Adds protein to the smoothie making it a filling breakfast.
- Ice: A great way to make the smoothie cool, thick, frosty, and refreshing.
- Milk: Gives the creamy golden lemon smoothie recipe a tasty creamy texture.
- Fresh lemon Juice: The tangy flavor of the lemon juice brings freshness, life, and spark to the smoothie.
- Lemon zest: Adds a bright flavor, refreshing element, and powerful lemon taste to the smoothie.
- Raw honey: Adds natural sweetness to the smoothie and it works as a digestion aid too.
- Ground turmeric: It’s one of the most healthy ingredients to strengthen your immune system.
You will also need a little bit of salt for taste.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to Make the Creamy Golden Lemon Smoothie
Step 1: Blend ingredients
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Step 2: Serve the smoothie
Transfer smoothie to glasses and serve.
Hope you enjoy this creamy, sweet, anti-inflammatory, quick, easy-to-make, and most important super delicious golden lemon smoothie!
- You can make the smoothie with non-dairy milk options like almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk which has a yummy tropical flavor.
- To avoid staining your blender with the turmeric, clean the blender out immediately.
- Maple syrup can be used as a substitute for the honey.
- You can add hemp seeds or chia seeds for a boost of healthy fats.
- Add more milk if your smoothie is too thick.
How to store leftover lemon smoothie
Enjoy the smoothie while it’s fresh but if you have leftovers, you can keep them in a refrigerator for up to 2 days. Make sure you store it in a tall mason jar or glass jar with a lid. When you’re ready to drink your smoothie, just give it a good shake and enjoy.
If you’d like to make your smoothie sweeter, add more honey not sugar. Sugar will add calories to your healthy drink.
I strongly recommend making this smoothie with yogurt as it makes it creamy and adds more protein which makes the smoothie filling. It’s best not to replace the yogurt with heavy cream as it’s high in fat while this is quite a healthy smoothie.
Turmeric is a superfood that has various health benefits. It’s a natural anti-inflammatory compound, may lower your risk of heart disease, is a good source of antioxidants, and may prevent cancer. So go on and enjoy that turmeric tea or this turmeric smoothie with lemon and honey.
Other citrus recipes you’ll love:
- Keep yourself hydrated with this Healthy Dairy-Free Orange Creamsicle Smoothie! It’s loaded with vitamin C.
- An Apple Spinach Avocado Salad with Sweet Lemon Vinaigrette is a great side dish to any main protein.
More Fruity and Creamy Drinks to Try
If you tried this Easy and Creamy Golden Lemon Smoothie with Turmeric or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Easy and Creamy Golden Lemon Smoothie with Turmeric
- Serving cup
- 1½ cup vanilla yogurt, or dairy free yogurt alternative
- 1-2 cups ice
- 2 cups milk, or milk alternative
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp honey, or more if you like it sweeter
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender.1½ cup vanilla yogurt,, 1-2 cups ice, 2 cups milk,, 1 lemon,, 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 Tbsp honey,, 1 pinch salt, ¼ tsp turmeric
- Blend until smooth.
- Nutritional facts are shown for listed ingredients. Nutritional facts will change if using alternative milk or yogurt.
- Vanilla Yogurt can be substituted to Greek Yogurt.