Table of Contents
Any time of day and any day of the week, these tacos are ready to be devoured.
Taco Tuesday? Why do you limit yourself so? Tacos for DAYS is what I stand for. These spicy fish tacos are amazing every single day of the week. In the summer, I love to cook these up and enjoy them outside on a picnic blanket with some tasty and sweet agua fresca. My mouth is watering just thinking about it now.
Tacos are amazing, and so are the sauces you can have with them!
The spicy fish sauce is the best, you have got to include it – it’s creamy and has a kick to it from the hot sauce. It’s definitely the cherry on top! You will be licking your fingers after this delicious meal. This recipe of fish tacos is super easy to make, it’s the best go-to recipe to please your family and guests.
So, let’s talk about these seafood tacos!
My family is a fan of halibut, mostly for the softness of the fish and usually, there are no bones involved for the kids. (safety). Also, we just love the taste of halibut, but you are welcome to use any kind of fish you might have on hand or one you like.
Alright, now the fish sauce!
Smooth and a bit spicy, this sauce is perfect for fish tacos. It has spices like cumin, garlic powder, and sriracha hot sauce. The amount of sauce this recipe provides is enough for seven fish tacos, but if you’re a lover of a lot of sauce on your tacos I recommend to double the sauce recipe.
What do I need to make this yummy recipe?
Halibut is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and selenium.
Avocado is filled with fiber and potassium.
Tomato is rich in lycopene, supporting heart health.
Romaine lettuce gives your body vitamin K and folate.
Tortillas are always the base to any taco. You can use either corn or flour in this recipe.
Along with those ingredients, you will need fish taco seasoning, olive oil, and water.
What do I need to make the spicy fish sauce?
- sour cream
- garlic powder
I can make this recipe over and over again, never gets old! It’s just that good and easy!
Other fish recipes you are sure to love:
Easy Salmon and Tomatoes baked in the oven are super easy to make!
You can make this Easy Pan Seared Tilapia recipe for the whole family to enjoy.
Fish Tacos with an Easy Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1½ lbs halibut, skinned & cubed
- 32 g fish taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 7 small flour tortillas, corn tortillas work too
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, & chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- ½ lime, makes 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp sriracha, or to taste
Spicy Taco Sauce
- First, prepare the fish sauce: Combine mayo, sour cream, lime juice, cumin, garlic powder, and sriracha in a small bowl. Mix well.3 Tbsp mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp sour cream, ½ lime,, ½ tsp cumin, ¼ tsp garlic powder, 1½ tsp sriracha,
Preparing the Tacos
- In a bowl, coat the fish pieces with the olive oil, fish taco seasoning and water.1½ lbs halibut,, 32 g fish taco seasoning, 2 Tbsp olive oil, ¼ cup water
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add in the fish mixture and sear for 5-7 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Remove the fish from heat.
- Chop avocado, tomatoes, and romaine lettuce and layer them in the tortillas. Place the fish on top, fold the taco.1 avocado,, 1 large tomato,, 1 heart romaine lettuce,, 7 small flour tortillas,
- Drizzle that fish sauce on top.