Searing salmon in a hot pan is one of my family’s favorite ways to eat salmon, and this recipe is one I make often for us. The butter sauce is a must-try! It’s a delicious combination of cheese, cream, garlic, butter, spinach, and herbs. I promise you it’s sooo good!
When I asked my sister if she knows a good salmon recipe (since her husband goes fishing for salmon A LOT) this is the recipe she gave me. It’s delicious, and you can’t go wrong with it.
WHAT YOU CAN SERVE WITH SEARED SALMON WITH CREAMY SAUCE?
I have served this dish with couscous, pearl couscous, mashed potatoes, rice, and sometimes just on its own. Simple, everyday ingredients produce maximum taste while allowing the flavor of salmon to gleam through and taste delicious. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe. It comes together fast, making it perfect for any night of the week.
We are huge fans of salmon in this house. And our absolute favorite way to have it is by searing it on a hot skillet. It’s a great source of vitamin D when the days are not sunny and the rain is pouring buckets.
But this recipe isn’t just a Plain-Jane seared salmon. Oh no, it’s much more than that. It is fine-dining quality salmon. This recipe was given to me by my sister. You see, her husband does a ton of fishing and catches quite a bit of salmon. So if there’s anyone who knows a good salmon recipe or two, it’s her. And since she’s given me this recipe, it’s been an absolute seafood staple in my own home. My husband asks for it often. I crave it constantly. And it’s the recipe that has really got my children to love fish. Hooray!
So what makes this recipe so different? It’s the million-dollar sauce. This sauce is amazingly delicious. It’s lick-the-plate good. It’s forget-the-salmon-I’ll-just-have-the-sauce good.
Seriously, it is that good.
The Ingredients Behind This Delicious Sauce Are:
Unsalted butter is the base to this creamy and simple sauce.
Garlic helps to fight inflammation.
Cherry Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which can protect your skin.
Baby Spinach contains iron.
Half & Half to make the sauce so very smooth.
Parmesan Cheese for a creamy and salty touch of cheese.
Fresh Parsley & Dill to add the flavors of fresh herbs.
Salt & Pepper for spice!
If you’re looking for a restaurant-quality meal that you can whip up in a matter of seconds, this pan-seared salmon is it! It’s a treat on an ordinary weeknight! It’s the perfect entree to make when you’ve guests over to wow them over!
Go ahead and skip the oven this time! This baby is made 100% on the stove!
How to make Seared Salmon in a Creamy Butter Sauce
Seared Salmon in a Creamy Butter Sauce
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz salmon filet
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ lemon, sliced in wedges for serving
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup half & half
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, and dill, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Sear salmon on both sides, about 4 minutes each side. It should have a golden color. Remove the salmon from the skillet.
- For the Butter Sauce:Reduce the heat to medium and add butter. As soon as the butter has melted, add garlic, stir for one minute, and then add the tomatoes.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, then add spinach. Cook until spinach wilts.
- Stir in half & half, parmesan cheese, and herbs. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add salmon back into the skillet. On low heat, simmer for another 5 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Squeeze lemon wedge onto salmon.
- Garnish with more herbs (if desired) when serving.