Going to the farmer’s market, I love to pick out produce from local farmers and see all of the stalls overflowing with freshness! Zucchini is one of the veggies that I get from there, and going to the farmer’s market gets me excited to make fresh and healthy recipes like this one!
It’s still zucchini season, so you should be enjoying this green summer squash. You may ask why, so I’ll just explain. Zucchini is low in fat and sodium, it is a great source for fiber, protein and vitamin A, C and B6. Are you feeling tired or just no energy to do anything? Zucchini has healthy benefits that can help you feel like yourself again. This Roasted Tuscan Zucchini recipe is a great and fast way to incorporate zucchini into your diet.
Small Ingredients in Roasted Zucchini Bites matter too!
For example, garlic is good for boosting your immune system and eating when you’re sick! And black pepper contains weight loss and antibacterial benefits.
What do I need to make this recipe?
Zucchini contains many antioxidants and supports your digestive system.
Garlic helps to lower blood pressure and supports stronger bones.
Tuscan cheese contains protein and calcium.
Along with those ingredients, you will need:
- black pepper
- olive oil
How to make Simple and Easy Roasted Zucchini Bites with Cheese
Simple and Easy Roasted Zucchini Bites with Cheese
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into wedges
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Tuscan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice 2 zucchinis into wedges.
- In a bowl, combine 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, and 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- Toss sliced zucchini in oil mixture, then arrange on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shredded or grated 1/2 cup of Tuscan cheese.
- Roast zucchini on middle rack for 15 minutes, then broil for 4 minutes.