These Zucchini Fries baked with Tuscan cheese are mouthwateringly good and oh-so-easy to make! A few simple – yet powerful – ingredients are combined to create one of the best ways to enjoy zucchini!
Table of Contents
Why I Love This Recipe for Zucchini Fries Baked with Cheese
I love to cook with fresh ingredients, so going to the farmer’s market and picking out local produce is like a holiday for me! One of my favorite veggies to source from May through August is the ultimate summer squash: Zucchini!
Zucchini is such a versatile food and it inspires me to create so many different recipes. My family regularly enjoys Baked Zucchini Chips as a snack, so I figured zucchini fries were the next logical step.
To put my own stamp on zucchini fries, I baked (and broiled!) them with super simple ingredients that really complement the vegetable. One of the best parts, however, is the Tuscan cheese that gives it a little bit of a crusty cheesy punch! Enjoy these healthy fries as a snack, a side for your summer burgers, or as an appetizer for a fancy dinner! Whatever the occasion, this is a really delicious and fast way to incorporate zucchini into your diet.
Zucchini is low in fat and sodium, it is a great source of fiber, protein, and vitamins A, C, and B6. Are you feeling tired or just have no energy to do anything? Zucchini has healthy benefits that can help you feel like yourself again.
Key Ingredients for Baked Zucchini
This recipe calls for very few ingredients, but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t powerful! Even the simple things like garlic and pepper make all the difference.
- Zucchini contains many antioxidants and supports your digestive system. Slice them into wedges.
- Garlic helps to lower blood pressure and supports stronger bones. It’s good for boosting your immune system and eating when you’re sick!
- Tuscan cheese (shredded) contains protein and calcium. You can use parmesan if you’d like!
- Along with those ingredients, you will need salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to Make Zucchini Fries Baked with Tuscan Cheese
Step 1: Preheat and Prep
Preheat the oven to 375F and slice 2 zucchinis into wedges.
Step 2: Combine Seasonings
In a bowl, combine minced garlic cloves, salt, ground black pepper, and extra-virgin olive oil.
Step 3: Add Zucchini
Toss the sliced zucchini in the oil mixture, then arrange it on a baking sheet.
Step 4: Coat with Cheese
Sprinkle the shredded or grated Tuscan cheese on the zucchini fries so that they’re completely coated.
Step 5: Cook
Bake the zucchini on the middle rack for 15 minutes, and then broil for 4 minutes. Enjoy!
Zucchini has a lot of water content in them! To reduce the moisture, you can lay your sliced zucchini on paper towels and sprinkle them with a bit of salt for about 30 minutes before you cook your zucchini fries. After the salt pulls out some of the water, take another paper towel and try to press the moisture out of them.
No! In fact, the skin of the zucchini is one of the best (and most nutrition-packed) parts!
More Zucchini Recipes to Try
- Make this Stuffed Zucchini as a new dinner recipe to try right at home!
- Grilled Zucchini Corn Salad is the perfect summer BBQ or potluck salad to bring or serve!
- Have a gluten-free appetizer or snack this week with this recipe of Zucchini Fritters!
If you tried this Zucchini Fries Baked with Tuscan Cheese or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Zucchini Fries Baked with Tuscan Cheese
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into wedges
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Tuscan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
Slice the zucchinis into wedges.2 zucchinis,
In a bowl, combine garlic, salt, ground black pepper, and extra virgin olive oil.2 clove garlic,, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Toss sliced zucchini in oil mixture, then arrange on a baking sheet.
Sprinkle shredded or grated the Tuscan cheese.½ cup Tuscan cheese,
Roast zucchini on middle rack for 15 minutes, then broil for 4 minutes.
- Feel free to you substitute the cheese to another one.
- Don’t over roast the zucchini, they cook fast.