I love healthy zucchini recipes! It’s a tasty vegetable that is easy to use in a variety of recipes. These oven-baked zucchini crisps with parmesan recipe are a healthy snack and also make the perfect side dish. They’re crispy and crunchy and packed with flavor too!
Healthy snacks don’t have to mean you stand in the kitchen all day long. I love using these zucchini crisps as an alternative to potato chips or fries.
Crispy and tasty, you won’t meet a fresh veggie that is easier to crisp up this quickly. Zucchini (like cauliflower) is a very versatile vegetable that is commonly used for pasta (with such a fun name: zoodles!) Along with that, you can make roasted or grilled spears, and one of my family’s favorite ways to enjoy summer zucchini: these parmesan zucchini fries baked to a deliciously crunchy perfection!
The parmesan zucchini crisps use panko breadcrumbs and some salt and pepper along with rich parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Coating them with parmesan and panko breadcrumbs is the best way to avoid soggy zucchini.
The tasty zucchini coins are made with simple ingredients found in the grocery store. they are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The next time you need a delicious snack for game day or a special occasion try these zucchini parmesan crisps because they sure are a crowd-pleaser.
If you still need more reasons to make this recipe, zucchini is super healthy. It’s rich in vitamin C, as well as iron and calcium. These are needed to support your blood cells and bone health, as well as dental health, too. Moreover, these crisps are not fried but baked making them a healthier option. So go on and enjoy these simple baked parmesan zucchini chips guilt-free!
Table of Contents
Key Ingredients you will need to make these crisps:
Fresh zucchini: The main ingredient in the recipe. It has a mild and hearty flavor and it’s slightly sweet and slightly bitter.
Olive oil: Helps to make them crisp and adds flavor and richness.
Parmesan Cheese: Cheese is always a good idea because it adds a nice golden brown color. When it melts, it adds the flavor that takes the crisps to out-of-this-world goodness.
Salt: To bring out all of that delicious zucchini flavor.
Black pepper: For seasoning, aroma, and flavor.
Garlic powder: Kicking up more flavor with this mild, savory, and funky flavor.
Panko breadcrumbs: Makes zucchini crispy and even more crunchy.
How to make the easy zucchini chips
1: Prepare oven and baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper (no need to grease it.)
2: Cut zucchini
- Cut thin slices of zucchini of about 1/4-inch thick rounds and place in a large mixing bowl.
3: Mix zucchini with oil
- Toss the zucchini slices in with extra virgin olive oil until they’re completely covered in oil.
4: Prepare the panko mixture
- In a shallow bowl, combine panko crumbs, shredded parmesan cheese, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and salt into a bowl. Mix well.
5: Coat the zucchini
- Dip each slice into the panko mixture, coating both sides and pressing the coating on to stick on the zucchini. Arrange zucchini rounds in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
7: Bake zucchini
- Place the baking sheet in the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes on one side. Then flip the zucchini rounds and bake for another 15 minutes until golden brown and the coating is crisp.
8: Serve and enjoy
- Serve while fresh and warm. Enjoy the yummy goodness!
- Use small or medium zucchini. Larger zucchini will have a higher moisture content.
- If you have, particularly “wet” zucchini, pat them dry with paper towels to avoid soggy zucchini.
- Do not add salt. Salting the zucchini before baking makes them mushy and too salty in flavor. The parmesan is already salty, so no extra salt is needed.
- For best results, evenly slice your zucchini, with a mandoline slicer, a food processor, or a handheld slicer. This will result in uniform and crispy zucchini rounds.
- You could swap the Parmesan for another hard cheese, like cheddar.
- Use olive oil or your preferred cooking oil.
- The zucchini should not overlap. Make sure you leave space between the crisps on the baking sheet.
- You can easily substitute the bread crumbs for gluten-free or keto bread crumbs to make it diet-friendly.
How to store parmesan zucchini crisp
- If you have leftovers place them in an airtight container in the fridge between layers of paper towels. They may get a little soggy, so you’ll need to crisp them up again when reheating. You can do this in an air fryer, oven or broil them. Store for 2-3 days.
- To freeze over 2-3 months, place the crisps onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to freeze solid, then transfer them to a freezer bag. Bake them from frozen until hot and crispy again (no need to thaw)
If you’re cooking zucchini as a side dish, you can serve it with any main meal or meat, including beef, pork, chicken, or fish. Add them next to these Baked Chicken Wings, Braised Chicken with Potato, or Shepherd’s Pie.
Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb. You can use both Panko and breadcrumbs as a coating for fried or baked foods but Panko has the best results for a crunchier and crispier texture.
You can serve this perfect snack with any of your favorite dipping sauces. It can be Baja sauce, ranch dressing, McDonald’s signature sauce, or marinara sauce.
I love making easy zucchini recipes! Here are some of my best zucchini recipes:
These Tuscan Zucchini Fries make a perfect low-carb dish that’s great anytime.
If you’re in the mood for protein with zucchini, try these Ground Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats.
More Tasty Zucchini Ingredient Recipes to Try
If you tried this Oven Baked Zucchini Crisps with Parmesan or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Easy Oven Baked Zucchini Crisps with Parmesan
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup bread panko
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Prepare a large baking sheet (no need to grease it.)
Slice zucchini into 1/4-inch slices.1 zucchini
Toss in a bowl with extra virgin olive oil.1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Combine panko crumbs, shredded parmesan cheese, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and salt into a bowl. Mix well.¼ cup parmesan cheese,, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ cup bread panko, ¼ tsp salt
Dip each slice into the panko mix, coating both sides. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the zucchini rounds and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Best served right away.
- Keep an eye on the zucchini after 10 minutes in the oven so they don’t burn. The thinner the slices the fast they will cook.