You can never go wrong with chicken wings. They are easy to prepare, serve, and bite into. These baked chicken wings are coated in a homemade spice rub, then roasted to crispy perfection. They’re perfect for game day, parties, or an easy weeknight dinner.
Summer cookouts bring people together, whether it’s family, neighbors, or friends. The smell of something cooking on the grill combined with fresh salads and tasty sides always accompany gatherings! In the winter, it’s a different story. But this recipe for chicken wings will make you feel like it’s summer all over again, just in the comforts of your home.
These chicken wings turn out delicious, perfectly spiced, and finger-licking good. With paprika, rosemary, pepper, cayenne, garlic, onion, and cumin, you’ll be making this recipe for almost every event, game, and gathering.
Chicken is rich in protein and amino acids, which your body needs to build tissues and maintain bone density. Protein helps you to feel full, which in turns means you eat less. Also, chicken is linked to the increase of serotonin levels in the brain (the “feel good” hormone).
Ingredients You Need to Make at Home from Scratch Baked Chicken Wings
Almost everyone keeps some sort of spice rack in their kitchen, meaning you already have the necessary spices to make chicken wings at home.
All you will need is a party pack of chicken wings (bone-in), water, olive oil, tomato paste, Dijon mustard, light brown sugar, and a variety of spices:
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Looking for more protein filled meals? Here are some more meat recipes:
These Easy and Quick Turkey Lettuce Wraps are light and easy!
Making Chebureki with Meat Filling (Savory Turnovers) is a process that gives you with a snack or a lunch!
Baked Chicken Wings From Scratch at Home
- 1 lb chicken wings
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp light brown sugar
- Combine all the spices together with water, brown sugar, tomato paste, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Coat the chicken wings with the marinade. Let stand for at least 30 minutes (the longer you marinate, the more flavor you will have).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread out chicken wings on to a rack and on a baking sheet.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the top foil and bake for another 10 minutes, flipping half way through. For the ultimate crispy baked chicken wings, then set the oven to broil for another 2 minutes for each side.