This Bruschetta Chicken recipe is the only chicken bruschetta recipe you need. It features a crispy baguette, moist chicken, juicy red tomatoes, and shredded cheese that pulls everything together. It is delicious.
The holiday season is creeping up on us. If your home gets a lot of traffic as mine does, you’re probably already thinking about all the ways you’ll be hosting this year’s party. Or parties. I know I am! There’s nothing that gets me stuck quite like appetizers.
Because appetizers have a criteria of their own. Am I right?
Can You Substitute Chicken to Another Meat?
Yes, in this recipe you can for sure. Any meat you have leftover, like Turkey, beef or lamb. Keep in mind the taste will be a little different.
This is what makes the perfect Bruschetta Chicken Bake Appetizer
Easy to make. That’s my number one criteria. I don’t want to spend hours making an appetizer. I would much rather use that time to make some entrees.
Easy to eat. Not every guest will be sitting down while we serve appetizers. So it has to be something that doesn’t require lots of utensils/dishes. Finger food is always best.
Can be made in large quantities. I want something that I could serve a lot of. You know, so each guest can have a second. And quite possibly, a third. But if I’m spending 10-15 minutes to plate/make one serving, I’ll be wasting too much time.
Delicious. Because obviously.
This bruschetta chicken checks off everything on the list. I love serving this for my guests because it’s something that’s easy to eat, but also offers a bit of substance. You know, something that can hold them down for a few minutes before dinner is served.
If you’ve been looking for the perfect appetizer recipe, this chicken bruschetta is it! Try making it for your next dinner party. Your guests will thank you.
What do you need to Make Bruschetta Chicken Baked Crostini?
Base: Baguette (french or Italian)
Meat: Chicken thighs- dark meat is great for this recipes, but you can also use chicken breast.
Veggies: Tomatoes, garlic
Herbs: Fresh parsley
Cheese: Shredded Mozzarella
salt to taste.
Other bit side appetizer you got to try:
Mushroom crostini: https://allweeat.com/mushroom-toast-recipe/
Cheese melt crostini: https://allweeat.com/baked-carrot-and-cheese-appetizer-melt/
Easy Cheesy Bruschetta Chicken Bake with Tomatoes
- Bread knife
- cutting board
- baking sheet
- 1 French or Italian baguette, thinly sliced
- 3-4 medium tomatoes, or a few small ones, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless & skinless, cooked & shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Boil the chicken with a pinch of salt for 20 minutes.
- Chop 4 tomatoes and a handful of fresh parsley.
- Shred 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, if you haven’t yet.
- Cut the boiled chicken into small pieces, or take through a food processor (but not too much, you don’t want it grounded.)
- Slice 1 baguette into thin slices.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the chopped tomatoes, 1 cup of shredded cheese, 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise, 2 cloves of minced garlic, a pinch of salt, shredded or chopped chicken pieces, and a handful of chopped parsley.
- Turn oven on to medium broil.
- On an oven sheet, spread slices of baguette.
- Put the chicken and cheese mix on each slice.
- Transfer to the oven to broil for 5 mins.
- Enjoy this warm chicken appetizer!