The classic Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup with Potatoes is for cozy family meals and chilly cold evenings.
This classic chicken noodle soup beats the canned one: by a million points! It’s the perfect comfort food for many. If you haven’t had some in a while, don’t hesitate to make it. Chicken fills you up and soup is easier to digest than many foods, so it’s only beneficial for your body. I like to add potatoes into it for the fiber and carrots for the beta-carotene. When you have a cold, chicken soup is comforting. Here are some tips to fight the cold season!
Onions have antioxidants that fight inflammation and reduce cholesterol levels. Celery helps to treat constipation. Also, it can reduce levels of stress hormones and also fights inflammation. The chicken also is linked to higher levels of serotonin, the “feel-good” hormone. It also improves brain function and helps to build muscles.
There are so many more soup recipes that you can make this season. Check out these other 6 chunky soup recipes to make!
Next time you want just a cozy evening with a blanket, your favorite show, and a comfort meal, this soup recipe will be your best bet! If you’re sick, this soup will ultimately comfort and support your immune system and might even help your body to get better with the benefits the fresh ingredients provide. Enjoy!
What do I need to make this recipe?
Chicken noodle soups are the ultimate, go-to meal. If you are like me, soups are always a great idea. This is a classic chicken noodle soup, so you will need ingredients that you are well aware of:
Chicken: I like to mix it up and use thighs and some chicken breast pieces.
Onion: Just need the whole for flavor of the water, without the chopped onion pieces and still getting all the nutrition from it.
Potatoes: Yup, I add potatoes in here for the ultimate chicken noodle soup.
Carrots: Carrots make the soup shine, add flavor and they are good for health.
Celery: It’s a must for a chicken noodle soup.
Noodles: Add your favorite.
Herbs: I use parsley, but dill will work too.
Finally, you will need salt and pepper.
TIP: I add a pinch of turmeric spice for more flavor and color for the soup.
Comfort food is a favorite in many homes. Enjoy these tasty comfort recipes:
The Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich is super easy to create.
An Easy and Moist Banana Bread is soft and can be enjoyed with tea or coffee!
Easy Homemade Classic Chicken Noodle Soup with Potatoes
- ½ lb chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1½ liter water
- 3-4 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2-3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 cup pasta or noodles
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- parsley flakes, for garnish
- Cut your chicken in pieces, put in a large pot, pour in the water, and throw in the onion.
- Bring to boil, take off the foam that has gathered on the top, reduce the heat and let it cook on low for about 40 minutes.
- In 40 minutes, take out the onion; you don’t need it anymore, as we used it just to flavor our bullion.
- Peel and wash your vegetables, cut them in slices and add into the broth. Add salt and pepper. Close the lid and let them cook for about 15 minutes.
- In 15 minutes add the egg noodles, boil for one more minute and remove from the heat. (If you’re using a different kind of pasta, you would have to add it earlier as it might take longer to cook).
- Add preferred herbs and parsley and let it stand for 10 minutes before serving. Almost forgot to mention that I also add turmeric spice in the end to make the soup look bright and yellow.