This homemade version of the café-style Crispy Chicken Wraps with Cheese recipe is loaded with delicious fillings for a hearty lunch or tasty dinner. The simple, healthy, and mouthwatering wrap comes together quickly and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Next time you need to make a quick lunch or dinner recipe, these scrumptious Crispy Chicken Wraps with Cheese are perfect. They’re crispy on the outside and cheesy on the inside. They’re healthy, and kid-friendly and the entire family will enjoy it.
The tasty wraps are one of my favorite things to prepare for game night. Just layer everything up in an egg roll wrap, fold things over, pan-fry, and take a bite of yummy, cheesy, goodness!
Instead of chicken tenders, crispy chicken strips, or breaded chicken, this delicious recipe uses boiled chicken which makes the wrap healthy and nutritious.
The green onions, pieces of chicken, cheddar cheese, and creamy ranch dressing are all folded up into wraps, then pan-fried until warm and crispy and ready to enjoy. The melted cheese makes this taste oh-so-yummy!
These easy wraps are quite filling on their own but if you’d like you can serve them alongside simple meals such as zucchini crisps, potato salad, or Greek salad. They’ll quickly become one of your favorite recipes.
Table of Contents
Key Ingredients for Crispy Chicken Wraps with Cheese
- Egg roll wraps: They have a thick, chewy, and crispy texture when fried because they’re made of wheat flour and eggs.
- Stalks of green onions: They add that extra crunch to the wrap.
- Ranch dressing: The creamy dressing ties all the ingredients together.
- Chicken thighs, boneless, or Chicken breast: Boil these then slice chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Grated cheese: I used mozzarella and some cheddar cheese but Provolone and Monterey Jack are all good melting cheese varieties.
- Oil: Use an oil with a high smoking point like sunflower oil, vegetable oil, canola oil, or avocado oil for frying the good wrap. Don’t use olive oil as it’ll smoke out the kitchen.
Additionally, you can add seasonings such as a little bit of salt, black pepper, or garlic powder for extra flavor.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to make Crispy Chicken Wraps with Cheese
1: Cook the chicken
- Boil the chicken breasts or chicken thighs on medium-high heat in a pot. Once the chicken is tender, remove it from the pot and cool the chicken then cut it into chicken pieces.
2: Make the filling
- In a bowl, combine the tender chicken, onion, and cheese with ranch dressing to make the filling. Add the seasoning if you’d like.
3: Make the “glue” mix
- Take a small bowl and fill it with water and one teaspoon of flour (flour will help as glue to hold the tip of the egg wrap from unfolding.)
4: Assemble the chicken wraps
- Separate one egg wrap square and in the center of the wrap, put a tablespoon of filling, spread it, then wrap it up. You could cover it and put it in the refrigerator for later, or if you would like to fry it and eat it right away.
5: Shallow fry the wrap
- In a large skillet or a sauce pan heat oil up then drop 2-3 rolls to fry in the hot oil. Keep the temperature on medium-low so the roll cooks through for about 3-5 minutes on each side. *Caution! The oil is hot!
6: Remove the wrap and serve
- As soon as the rolls are golden brown and crispy, take them out, serve warm, and enjoy!
How to store leftover chicken wraps
- Fresh chicken wraps are the best. Plan properly and make enough for the meal. If you try to eat it the next day, all that crispiness will be gone and you may end up with a soggy wrap instead.
- If you’d like to make them ahead, you can keep all ingredients separate in airtight containers for 1-2 days until you’re ready to use them,
- Freezing is not recommended as the wraps become soggy after thawing from the creamy filling.
Note: Egg roll wraps are usually located in the vegetable section in grocery stores.
- Place the wrap with the folded side down first to seal it. Let it cook untouched for about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- To avoid a soggy wrap, avoid overfilling the wrap. Rather leave some room on each end of the wrap so you can tuck everything in tightly before you pan-fry them.
- When you’re browning the wraps to make them crispy, use tongs and hold them up on the sides if possible.
- While this recipe uses boiled chicken, you can also use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
Chicken wraps are considered a healthy meal. But it depends on the filling and how the chicken is cooked. For a healthy chicken wrap use baked or boiled chicken not fried.
More delicious recipes to try:
- The 30 Minute Chicken and Avocado Wrap Recipe is filled with crispy bacon, chicken, avocado, and cheese on the center of each tortilla to make a delicious and easy wrap.
- The Homemade Breakfast Burritos with Potatoes with melting cream cheese are an easy breakfast idea for busy mornings and weekend brunch.
Other Tasty Chicken Recipes
If you tried this Crispy Chicken Wraps with Cheese or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Crispy Chicken Wraps with Cheese
- 1 package egg roll wraps
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- ¾ cup ranch
- 1 cup chicken thighs, boneless, or chicken breast, boiled
- 1½ cups cheese, grated, I used mozzarella and some cheddar
- 1 cup light olive oil for frying, more or less
Combine chicken, onion and cheese with ranch in a bowl3 stalks green onion,, 1 cup chicken thighs,, 1½ cups cheese,, ¾ cup ranch
Take a little dish and fill with water and one teaspoon of flour (flour will help as glue to hold the tip of the egg wrap from unfolding.)1 cup light olive oil
Separate one egg wrap square, on the edge of the wrap put a tablespoon of filling and wrap it up.1 package egg roll wraps
You could cover it and put it in the refrigerator for later, or if you would like to fry and eat right away.
- In a small saucepan heat up oil (about 1 cup.) as soon as oil is ready drop 2-3 rolls to fry. Keep temperature on medium low so the roll cooks through. *Caution! Oil is hot!
As soon as roll brown up, take them out.
- Egg roll wraps are usually located in the vegetable section in the grocery stores.
- Keep in eye on the rolls when frying, they brown up quickly
- Use a light olive oil or organic Canola oil.