A classic wedge salad is usually made with blue cheese dressing, but I think the dairy-free ranch dressing makes for a better and more flavorful addition.
A wedge salad is something I would only order off the menu at a restaurant, but not no more! You won’t believe how quickly you can make this Easy Wedge Salad with a Dairy-Free Ranch dressing!
The concept of this salad is very cool. You have a chunk of lettuce surrounded by all of the other toppings of the salad, and essentially that’s what salads are, just lettuce and toppings. I love how wedge salads present that in a fun, almost deconstructed way!
Let’s talk about the Blue Cheese
Because it might be bugging you. If so, don’t add it and you can enjoy a completely Dairy-Free Easy Wedge Salad. I am actually lactose intolerance, and only let myself eat some dairy, once in a while. I love cheese what can I say. Sometimes, I sneak it into my diet, just a little bit. This is why the blue cheese is in the wedge salad, and not as a Blue Cheese dressing.
There are a few different kinds of blue cheese and most are naturally molded and refined and used for almost all blue cheeses simply by adding the mold culture to the cheese milk. For the cheese to turn blue, oxygen must reach the inside of the cheese.
What do I need to make this recipe?
Iceberg lettuce is rich in calcium and potassium.
Tomatoes are filled with lycopene, which benefit your heart health.
Scallions are rich in vitamin B2 and vitamin K.
Red onion contains quercetin, which helps to reduce blood sugar levels.
Fresh parsley helps to improve blood sugar and bone health.
Blue cheese is very rich in calcium and helps reduce the risk of heart disease.
Here are some recipes you’ll definitely enjoy:
This Ranch Dressing is dairy-free and perfectly complements this wedge salad recipe!
A Simple Butter Stuffed Chicken Breast is a great main dish for protein.
Easy Wedge Salad with a Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, remove the stem from a head of iceberg lettuce, and then cut into four equal wedges
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, for garnish
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- Remove the stem from a head of iceberg lettuce, and then cut into four equal wedges1 small iceberg lettuce,
- Drizzle Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing.
- Top each wedge with tomato, red onion, scallions, and blue cheese crumbles.2 tomatoes,, 1 scallion,, ¼ red onion,, 4 oz blue cheese,
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.1 Tbsp fresh parsley,
For the Dairy Free Ranch Dressing:
- Combine ingredients into a small blender and blend together till smooth.½ cup avocado mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro,, 1 tsp fresh chives,, 1 clove garlic,, 1 tsp lemon juice, 3 Tbsp coconut milk