Table of Contents
WHAT DO I NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
For this recipe, you’ll need beef, water, and spices in one pot. Next, there will be rice and potatoes. Then, there’s oil, tomato paste, onion, and garlic. Lastly, there’s parsley for garnish (optional). Some, if not most of these ingredients, are simple ingredients that you might already have on hand.
HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE KHARCHO SOUP
1. Start off by filling a medium-sized pot with 6 cups of water.
2. Add the (cubed) beef into the water with a Tablespoon of salt. Cook for 1 hour over medium-low heat.
3. After 1 hour, take the meat out. In it’s place, add potatoes and rice. Cook until the potatoes are soft.
4. Meahwhile, in a skillet, heat up 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and add in the onion. Saute until the onion is almost transparent.
5. Add the cooked meat to the onions. Continue sauteing for another minute.
6. Next, add in the garlic. Stir in 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste. Saute everything for 2 minutes. Finally, add to the pot with the potatoes and rice.
7. Bring everything to a boil. Spice it up with black pepper to taste.
8. Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
Enjoying protein-filled beef recipes? Here are some more great options:
You can make Simple Homemade Beef and Rice Soup (Kharcho) right at home with this step-by-step recipe.
This Easy Mongolian Beef with Simple Mixed Vegetables is a delicious lunch or dinner bowl.
Simple Homemade Beef and Rice Soup (Kharcho)
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb filet mignon beef, 1" cubed
- 1 Tbsp salt, + more to taste
- ½ cup rice
- 3-4 potatoes, cubed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- ground black pepper, to taste
Fill up a medium size pot with water.6 cups water
Place cubed beef in the pot and a tablespoon of salt. Cook for 1 hour over medium-low heat.1 lb filet mignon beef,, 1 Tbsp salt,
Take meat out. Add potatoes and rice to the pot and cook until the potatoes are soft.3-4 potatoes,, ½ cup rice
In a skillet, heat up 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and add in the onion. Sauté until onion is almost transparent.2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 onion,
- Add cooked meat to the onions. Continue sautéing for another minute.
Add in garlic and stir in a tablespoon of tomato paste. Sauté everything together for two minutes. Add to the pot.1 clove garlic,, 1 Tbsp tomato paste
Bring everything to a boil, then add pepper to taste.ground black pepper,
Sprinkle with parsley and serve!1 handful parsley,