Easy Mongolian Beef with Simple Mixed Vegetables
My sister in law’s Mongolian Beef with Vegetables is so much better than what you would order at a restaurant, and it’s all made from scratch, in your own kitchen, and under 30 minutes!
Juicy, sweet, and a bit of salty sauce-covered beef with vegetables is so finger-licking good over rice!
This Mongolian beef dish has a delicious Mongolian Sauce that goes along with it. It’s super simple to make and makes this dish go from 10 to 100 really quick!
While it’s fancy and maybe right to use a wok for this recipe, you don’t have to, a shallow skillet works perfectly fine.
Other than beef stew meat, most beef cuts work well for this recipe, but my favorite and most soft is the filet mignon beef cut.
Extra extra! You can sprinkle this dish with sesame seeds when serving for that extra-restaurant-style presentation.
This delicious dish is also filled with veggies, filling you not only with protein from the beef but also beta-carotene from the carrots, vitamin K from the green peas, antioxidnats through the broccoli, and vitamin C from the green onion. You can choose to add more veggies, or different types that will match the flavors, and that will change up the benefits you’ll get from them.
Table of Contents
So, to make this delicious dish you will need:
- vegetable oil
- garlic cloves
- ginger root
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
- mixed veggies (green onions, broccoli, carrots, and green peas)
Enjoy these amazing protein-filled beef recipes from the blog!
You can make a Creamy and Quick Dinner Spaghetti with Beef and Mushroom Sauce as the perfect weeknight meal.
This One-Pot Beef Stew Recipe is the perfect comfort food with some dinner rolls on the side!
Easy Mongolian Beef Stir Fry
- mixing spoon
- 1 lb beef, sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp oil, for the sauce
For the sauce:
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ginger root, grated
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2-3 cups mixed vegetables, green onions, broccoli, carrots, green peas
- Slice 1 pound of beef, place it into a small bowl, and add ¼ cup of cornstarch. Rub it with your hands until every slice of beef is well coated and you don’t see the cornstarch anymore. Set the bowl aside.1 lb beef,, ¼ cup cornstarch
- Heat 1 cup of vegetable oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet. Heat until the oil starts bubbling. Fry beef slices, a few at a time, until they start turning brown and crispy, which takes about 2 minutes. Transfer the fried slices onto a paper towel to remove excess oil.1 cup vegetable oil,
For the sauce:
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a skillet, add minced garlic and grated ginger, and cook for about 40 seconds until fragrant.1 Tbsp oil,, 3 cloves garlic,, ½ tsp ginger root,
- Pour in ½ cup of soy sauce and ½ cup of water, add ½ cup of brown sugar, and cook for 5 minutes until sugar dissolves and the sauce thickens a bit. Set the sauce aside.½ cup soy sauce, ½ cup water, ½ cup brown sugar
- Now prepare the vegetables. Cut 3-4 green onions into 2-inch lengths, peel and slice 2 carrots, cut I small broccoli head in pieces (florets only), wash, and throw in a handful of sweet peas.2-3 cups mixed vegetables,
- Once all beef slices are nice and crispy and are draining on a paper towel, pour out the oil from the skillet, and return the meat back onto medium heat. Pour in the sauce, and add the pre-cut vegetables.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until vegetables turn bright and slightly soften.
- Serve over white rice.