This delicious spaghetti with Beef and Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe is one of my favorite comfort meals.
It’s so rich and full of flavor, and very filling too. Another good thing is that although it looks like it’s a lot of ingredients to work with, it comes together very quickly.
For a healthier alternative, substitute regular spaghetti with whole wheat pasta. Also, you could substitute the cream with low-fat milk.
Pair this dish with these yummy salads:
Creamy and Quick Dinner Spaghetti with Beef and Mushroom Sauce
- ⅕ lb spaghetti, cooked according to the package
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 can tomato soup, or tomato sauce
- 1 cup half & half
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
- Cook spaghetti according to the package directions, then drain and return back to the pot.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet, add thinly sliced mushrooms, and cook them for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the mushrooms are ready, add chopped onion, minced garlic, beef, salt, and pepper and cook for another 10 minutes until onions are soft and beef is no longer pink.
- Add the tomato soup/sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, add the cream and Parmesan cheese, and cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and mix well.
- When serving, garnish each plate with chopped parsley.