Pasta is a form of spaghetti. It uses the same ingredients, raw eggs and flour, as many other pasta variations.
Yes, it is. Pancetta is cured with a process that kills bacteria, making it safe to eat raw. You can learn all about pancetta here.
Pancetta is made from pork. It is a cut of pork belly.
Pancetta cubes take about 5 minutes to saute on the skillet. If the pancetta is in slices, about 2-3 minutes for each side.
Why You Should Make This Pasta CarbonaraIt is extremely easy to make. You’re only cooking the pancetta and boiling your pasta. Everything else comes together at the end. You probably have most of the ingredients at home. It’s one of those recipes you can whip together even if you didn’t have anything planned for dinner. Most of these ingredients are probably already at your disposal. The only thing you might have to pick up is the pancetta – which can easily be replaced with bacon if that’s what you have at home. It tastes divine. It really does. It is an incredible comfort meal. You can even cook a large batch to serve to guests. They’ll absolutely love it. [block_content]
Here’s what you’ll need to make this simple pasta:Butter: Unsalted Pancetta: Can be substituted for bacon Garlic: For boosting more flavor. A must. Eggs: Large size Cheese: Fresh parmesan cheese Pasta: Fettuccini, but you could also use a different shape. Salt and pepper to taste.
Simple Pasta Carbonara with Pancetta
- ½ Tbsp butter
- ¼ lb pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ lb fettuccini
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large frying pan, add diced pancetta, and cook over medium heat until crispy.
- Then add minced garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer the pancetta and garlic into a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl until fluffy, then mix in the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Toss everything to combine, and then add beaten eggs and cheese. You need to do this step quickly, as you want the pasta to be hot when you add eggs. It’s the heat from the pasta that will heat the eggs and create a light creamy sauce.
- Mix once again until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked, quickly drain it and move into the bowl with pancetta and garlic.
- Serve immediately! Sprinkle each plate with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Enjoy!