Garbanzo Bean Soup with Chicken hits all the nutritional benefits you need for a full lunch meal. It’s packed with protein, beans, and vegetables.
I enjoy warm soups all year long, but the best time to make them is during cold days when you just want to turn on the heat higher and wear fuzzy socks. Want to know what’s so awesome? The fact that not just the individual ingredients benefit our bodies but the soup as a whole is good for our body! Soup provides a great source of nutrients and it’s low in fat. A dish of some delicious soup fills you up quick! It’s a good meal for someone wanting to eat fewer calories.
Have you ever made your own meatballs? If not, today is your lucky day. You can try it out with this soup! The meatballs ahere are made of chicken, egg, rice, and salt & pepper. They’re super easy to put together and cook, and make the perfect treat to find in a soup!
Table of Contents
Benefits of garbanzo beans
Now for the main ingredient, garbanzo beans! These unique beans pack in protein and fiber but are also valuable for blood sugar regulation. The potatoes add to the list of health benefits by reducing your chance of overeating and supplying you with 30% of your daily amount of vitamin C. I’m off to make some more soup, enjoy!
What do I need to make this recipe?
Chicken is an amazing source of protein and calcium.
Garbanzo beans are rich in protein as well, and help to reduce the bad choelsterol in your body.
Rice has folate which helps your body to make DNA.
Yukon potatoes contain antioxidants and are a great source of vitamin C.
Yellow onion helps to control blood sugar and can benefit heart health.
Carrots are high in beta-carotene and vitamin K.
Fresh dill is rich in vitamin C and vitamin A.
Along with those ingredients, you will need olive oil, an egg, salt, and ground black pepper.
Chicken soup is a great comfort food! Here are some more classic comfort food recipes:
You can make a Easy and Good Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe filled with protein and vegetables!
I love making these Easy Lasagna Rolls with Spinach and Ricotta for the whole family.
Easy Seasonal Chicken Soup with Garbanzo Beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb chicken thighs, or ground chicken
- ¼ cup rice, cooked
- 1 large egg
- 4 Yukon potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans, 14oz, drained & rinsed
- 1 stem fresh dill, chopped
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the rice and drain.¼ cup rice,
- Mix ground chicken (I grind chicken thighs), egg, rice, salt, and black pepper.1 lb chicken thighs,, ¼ cup rice,, 1 large egg, salt,, ground black pepper,
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil.4 cups water
- Make balls from chicken mix and drop to boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces.4 Yukon potatoes,
- Take chicken meatballs out to a pan.
- Strain water from chicken into a clean pot. Add potatoes into the water from chicken and boil until soft.
- Meanwhile, add extra virgin olive oil to the pan with meatballs.1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the onion and grate the carrot. Add to the pan with meatballs.1 yellow onion,, 1 medium carrot,
- Sauté for 5 minutes, then add meatballs to cooked potatoes.
- Add drained garbanzo beans to the pot.1 can organic garbanzo beans,
- Add fresh chopped dill, then salt and pepper to taste.1 stem fresh dill,
- Bring all to a boil. Enjoy.