Quick, Creamy, and Delicious Mushroom Crostini Recipe
This creamy mushroom crostini will impress your guests over and over again. It’s a simple and fancy appetizer for any occasion.
This mushroom toast is so good! Do you like making toasts? I had forgotten that I even had this great recipe. You can make this mushroom toast with any kind of mushrooms you like!
Besides that, toast recipes are generally so versatile. If you don’t have one ingredient on hand, you can substitute it for another. It can make the recipe be a pasta recipe instead of a toast recipe! This recipe has that unique option, so mix it up if you want! That way, you can keep this recipe on hand (or bookmarked) for when you want to add some veggies to your pasta or need an appetizer idea.
Table of Contents
What can this Mushroom Toast can be served with?
I enjoy this recipe on a nice slice of fresh bread, but you can also:
- leave the bread out and make it a simple mushroom side dish.
- leave the bread out and serve over rice, mashed potatoes, couscous, or even pasta!
- add another slice of bread and make it a sandwich.
Did you know mushrooms improve nutrition and promote better diet quality? Also, mushrooms are filled with vitamin D, which is great timing for this recipe, since summer is over for now. Mushroom toast makes a great appetizer, lunch, or party treat (super bowl).
Toasting and Baking the Bread for Crostini
Preheat the oven to 375F. As soon as the mushroom mix is ready, spoon some on each slice of bread. Then pop the baking tray into the preheated oven and bake for 5-7minutes, until the bread is slightly crispy and the edges are toasty.
What Kind of Mushrooms are Used for Crostini?
You can use pretty much any kind of mushrooms for mushroom crostini. I like to use Brown mushrooms like cremini, baby bella or white mushrooms. They hold there shape well when cooking.
What do I need to create the Creamy Mushroom Mix?
Mushrooms are rich in fiber and protein.
Onions are full of antioxidants and can help reduce blood pressure.
Garlic supports bone health and helps to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Fresh dill is filled with vitamin C and magnesium.
Along with those ingredients, you will need oil (or butter) to saute and salt and mayonnaise to mix.
Here are some more tasty mushroom recipes you’ll love:
These Baked Stuffed Mushrooms with Cheese create the perfect appetizer!
You can learn the Best Way to Make Chicken in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce right at home!
Quick, Creamy, and Delicious Mushroom Toast
- Bread knife
- garlic press
- 2 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- ½ lb white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons butter over medium heat.2 Tbsp butter,
- Add diced onion and thinly sliced mushrooms. Cook for 7 minutes or until onion is soft and mushrooms lightly browned.1 medium yellow onion,, ½ lb white mushrooms,
- Add a small pinch of salt.½ tsp salt
- Add minced garlic, give a good mix, and remove from heat.2 cloves garlic,
- Transfer mushrooms and onions into a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped dill, pinch of salt, and mayonnaise. Mix well.1 Tbsp fresh dill,, 2 Tbsp mayonnaise, ½ tsp salt
- Spoon the mushroom mixture on each slice of bread and arrange the bread on a baking sheet.1 baguette,
- Bake for 5-7 minutes at 375 F until bread is nice and crispy and slightly golden on the edges.