Table of Contents
Steps to Make a Smokey Summer Corn Salad Recipe
Start off by adding dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk well until combined.
Avocado oil – or olive oil works too.
Apple Cider Vinegar and fresh lime juice– adding a citrus flavor and vinegar compliments the honey and garlic well.
Honey– For sweetness
Garlic– For the aroma and boost of flavor
Cilantro leaves– these go great with corn
Salt to taste
For the salad, you will need ingredients that you should easily be able to find at the grocery stores at this time of year.
Summertime is when you can find fresh corn kernels. It contains vitamin B, zinc, copper, and magnesium. It’s sweet and goes great with the rest of the ingredients like romaine lettuce that I use all the time. It has a buttery smooth taste that makes a great addition to any salad. Tomatoes are also a summer staple that I love to enjoy fresh with a pinch of salt or add them to breakfast dishes and salads.
Can this corn salad be made ahead of time?
You absolutely can make it ahead of time! Prep all the salad ingredients by removing corn kernels from corn, chop romaine lettuce, cut the cherry tomatoes in half, slice the red pepper and onion, but hold off on the tossing the dressing with the salad until you are ready to serve.
Add the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
Combine them well making sure everything is mixed evenly.
Before serving, Toss salad with dressing to coat.
Corn is great for summer recipes! Enjoy these dishes, too:
These fun Summer Rolls with Dairy Free Dipping Sauce are perfect to pack for a picnic or a hike!
This fresh Strawberry and Kiwi Salad with Summer Zest is perfect for potlucks.
Easy Smoky Summer Fresh Corn Salad with Cilantro
- salad bowl
- 3 cups fresh corn, kernels, 3 ears of corn
- 6-7 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 large lime, or 2 small, juiced
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Prep all salad ingredients: Remove corn kernels from corn, chop the romaine lettuce, cut the cherry tomatoes in half, slice the red pepper, green onions, and red onions, then set aside.3 cups fresh corn,, 6-7 cups romaine lettuce,, 1 cup cherry tomatoes,, 1 medium red pepper,, 1 green onion,, ¼ cup red onion,
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk well until combined.¼ cup avocado oil, 1 large lime,, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp honey, 2 cloves garlic,, 1 tsp smoked paprika, ¾ tsp salt, ½ cup cilantro leaves,
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss salad well making sure to mix everything evenly.
- Add all dressing to salad and toss again to coat.
- Taste and add a sprinkle of salt, more lime, or some pepper if desired.