These easy to make cream horns are pleasantly soft and airy with a velvety delicious cream filling. Learn to make them with only four ingredients.
Have you ever gotten serious nostalgia from food? Foods that take you back to your childhood as soon as you take a single bite? These cream horns do exactly that. One bite of this fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth dessert gets me thinking I’m 10 years old, sitting at the table devouring my grandmother’s homemade cream horns. These are special.
But boy did those cream horns take some effort. The from-scratch dough, the homemade whipped cream – it was a lot of work. Thank goodness for shortcuts, am I right?
Table of Contents
Puff pastry saves the day and makes my life easier.
These cream horns taste just as good with only half the effort. We’re using packaged puff pastry dough – it makes things a whole lot easier. You can even use store-bought whipping cream, or cool whip for the filling if you don’t want to make your own cream. Because let’s be honest, sometimes we don’t have time for all that by-hand whipping.
Fool-proof method of getting those horns right:
Roll out your puff pastry. Gently. Then cut into even strips.
Use an actual cream horn mold. You could use a DIY mold made from aluminum foil but there’s no guarantee that the end result will be pretty. Or uniform.
Follow the mold and wrap your puff pastry strip all the way around.
Finally, bake and wait. Voila!
All there’s left to do is fill the horns with the cream. And you’re done!
If you’re a fan of creamy desserts or anything related to puff pastry, you’ll absolutely love these! They make a great dessert to serve to guests, too! Enjoy!
What will I need to make this recipe?
- puff pastry dough
- powdered sugar
- cool whip or whipping cream
- cream cheese
I love making simple desserts! Here are some more recipes:
This Russian Bird’s Milk Cake Recipe with Chocolate Glaze is a family favorite in our home.
I love making these Honey Peppermint Pryaniki with a Simple Glaze for the holidays!
Simple and Delicate Puff Pastry Cones with Cream (Cream Horns)
Piping bag wtih tip
Cream horn molds
- 1 box puff pastry dough
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 12 oz cool whip, or whipping cream
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- Turn your oven on 350F. You will need metal horns molds, which could be found in kitchen stores or on amazon.
Unfold thawed puff pastry and roll it out gently. Cut into equal strips.1 box puff pastry dough
- Take a strip and roll onto the horn mold, push down and overlap as you go Place rolled horn molds onto a baking sheet.
- Place rolled horn molds on a baking sheet. Place with the flap side down so it doesn't puff up too much. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Beat softened cream cheese and 3/4 cup of powder sugar (icing sugar) until well blended and cream cheese is smooth.1 package cream cheese,, ¾ cup powdered sugar
At low speed, add in the cool whip (or whipping cream) until it becomes stiff (about 2 minutes).12 oz cool whip,
- Fill a frosting bag or a ziploc bag with the frosting and fill in the puff pastry horns. You can also use a decorating tip.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!