All-in-one dishes like this One Pan Oven Baked Fish with Vegetables and Spices is really the ideal recipe. You have everything your body needs: protein from the halibut, beta-carotene from the carrots, lycopene from the tomatoes, and antioxidants from the garlic.
Warm dinner meals are the best option to serve and make, especially in the fall and winter seasons. They make family meals better and are great combinations of both vegetables (quite a variety, too) and animal protein.
Table of Contents
Why add benefits of the ingredients?
Sometimes, there’s no time and we rush through the drive-thru for a meal. But when we’re at home, we can control what’s in our food, I find that it’s important to know what really we are putting into our bodies. If you feel like you’re missing out on a certain nutrient, going to food is the best option rather than stocking up on pills. This meal will fill you with magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin A, and fiber. You can explore and add more veggies if you feel that you need different nutrients. (Keep in mind, the nutrition facts might change if you do!)
What do I need to make this recipe?
Halibut is rich in magnesium, which helps to reduce the risk of diabetes. Also, it can fight against asthma and multiple myeloma.
Red peppers are anti-inflammatory and contain vitamin C, which helps to boost levels of antioxidants.
Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which turns into vitamin A in your body. It supports eye health and is vital for immune support.
Tomatoes are filled with lycopene, which prevents sun damage to your skin and protects the body from the damage of free radicals.
Celery is rich in fiber, supporting your digestive system, and antioxidants that help to lower oxidative stress.
Onions are filled with organic sulfur compounds. These compounds contribute to onions’ strong taste, but also reduce cholesterol levels in your body and lower the risk of stroke.
Garlic benefits heart health and is even anti-cancer. It helps to protect the heart after a heart attack and reduces blood pressure.
Along with those ingredients, you will need mayonnaise, salt & pepper, dill, parsley, and unsalted butter.
I love making seafood for the whole family. Here are some great recipes we enjoy:
These Fish Tacos with an Easy Spicy Dipping Sauce are perfect for a summer lunch!
This Simple Homemade Fish Soup with Veggies (Ukha) is the perfect comfort soup.
One Pan Oven Baked Fish with Vegetables and Spices
- 1 lb white fish, any kind, I used halibut
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, or sour cream
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 handful fresh dill, chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven 350F.
- On a frying pan, melt butter.1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Cut fish pieces into small sizes (if you haven’t already) and fry on pan, add some salt and pepper. It doesn’t need to be cooked through, just brown on the outside. Take fish out on to a plate.1 lb white fish,, salt,, black pepper,
- In the same pan, add in sliced onions stir and add in carrots, red pepper, tomato, and celery. Stir before adding each vegetable, keep heat on medium/low.1 red pepper,, 2-3 carrots,, 2 medium tomatoes,, 1 onion,, 3 sticks celery,
- After all vegetables come together add in the minced garlic, your pan should smell amazing.3-4 cloves garlic,
- Sauté vegetables for one minute.
- In an oven-safe shallow dish, add in enough of the vegetable mix just to cover the bottom.
- Take half of the fish pieces and spread around the dish on top of the vegetables
- Spread the other half of the vegetables that are left onto the fish pieces.
- Take the rest of the fish and spread around the dish.
- The rest of the vegetable mix put on top of the fish pieces.
- Finish off with spreading mayonnaise, add some salt and pepper, then cover the dish (you can use foil.)¼ cup mayonnaise,, salt,, black pepper,
- Bake for 40 minutes, then garnish with dill and parsley. I hope you enjoy this simple and healthy oven-baked fish with vegetables!1 handful fresh dill,, 1 handful fresh parsley,