Dried fruit and nuts bars are made with naturally sweet fruit and nuts. They are sweet, crunchy and chewy.
Baking a batch of fruit and nut bars is a great way to use up dried fruit and nuts you most likely received for Christmas from your friends and coworkers.
Add some oatmeal to these fruit bars to make a tasty on the go breakfast.
Table of Contents
How long does it take to make Fruit Bars?
To prepare dried fruit and nut bars you will need just 15minutes for preparation the rest is done in the oven, which will take a total of 3 hours.
Preparing Dried Fruit and Nut Bars
Make date paste: Simply blend dates in a food processor til paste like consistency.
Chop nuts till fine chunks, in a food processor is best.
Mix dried fruits and lemon in a food processor.
Combine date paste, nuts and fruits and mix well together.
Roll our into a rectangle or square.
Bake for 10 minutes. Cut into bars- lower the temperature- bake for 2 hours- turn the bars over- bake for 1 hour- cool.
Ingredients for Fruit and Nut Bars
Dried fruit: dates, apricots, raisins, figs and cranberries.
Nuts: I used almond and hazelnuts, but you could adjust to your taste.
Enjoy these great dessert recipes for the whole family:
Soft and Sweet Cheese Cookies are a hit with everyone. They’re soft, sweet, and made with simple ingredients!
You can make a Dairy Free Mango Lassi at home with this quick and easy recipe.
Gluten-Free Dried Fruit Bars with Nuts and Dates on The Go
- food processor
- parchment paper
- rolling pin
- ⅔ cup Medjool dates, pitted
- ⅔ cup apricots, dried
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 5 figs, dried
- ½ cup cranberries, dried
- ¾ cup hazelnuts
- ¾ cup almonds
- 1 small lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Blend dates with a blender or food processor until paste-like consistency.⅔ cup Medjool dates,
- Chop nuts in a food processor into fine chunks.¾ cup hazelnuts, ¾ cup almonds
- Add dried fruits and chopped lemon and process again.⅔ cup apricots,, 5 figs,, ½ cup cranberries,, 1 small lemon, ⅔ cup raisins
- Add date paste to the nuts and fruits and mix well.
- Roll out between two layers of parchment into a rectangle or square, about ¼ inch (6 mm) thick.
- Transfer the parchment to a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Then set the temperature to 140F. Remove the baking sheet, carefully cut into bars, and return to the oven for 2 hours.
- Carefully turn the bars over and dry them for 1 more hour. It can be left on a baking sheet until well dried for another day at room temperature.