I hope this apple spinach avocado salad reminds you of fall! The summer months are behind us, and September is back in full swing. This time of year, there’s one main ingredient that I’m more than happy to start using everywhere: apples!
Only apples have the perfect crisp, sweetness, and tartness that is the ultimate “flavor of the season.” Infuse crisps, cobblers, salads, and smoothies with apples, apple spices, and more. Oh, how I love fall!
Spinach and avocado add in the most delicious flavors to balance out the sweetness of the apples. I recommend you use pink lady or honey crisp apples. They are a good type of apple that adds sweetness perfectly to work with the vegetables.
This salad is a great side dish to healthy dinners with the family this season. If you need lunch to-go, make this salad the day before. Take the dressing in a smaller container and add it in when you’re ready to eat!
Table of Contents
Spinach: I love to use baby spinach leaves and apples together. If your favorite greens are different, use arugula or romaine lettuce in place of spinach.
Apple: I use the honey crisp apple or pink lady apples, but you could use any. Keep in mind that the taste may change depending on what kind of apples you will use.
Onion: Red onion makes the perfect crunchy addition.
Nuts: Although crunchy pecans is my favorite nuts for this salad, hazelnuts or walnuts are also a great option.
Dried fruit: Cranberries. The perfect autumn addition.
Oil: Extra-virgin olive oil is what I like to use in all my salads.
Lemon: Little lemon juice adds a tangy flavor to the dressing.
Mustard: Whole grain Dijon mustard, also the blended one will also work well.
Maple syrup for a little sweetness.
Herbs: Fresh mint leaves
Also, don’t forget the sea salt and black pepper! You can add these to your taste.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
How to make Apple Spinach Avocado Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Step 1: Prepare the salad ingredients
Slice the small red onion, chop avocado into bite size pieces, slice the red apple, and chop pecans and dried cranberries. Add all into a salad bowl.
Step 2: Add the spinach
Combine spinach and the rest of the prepared salad ingredients together.
Step 3: Make the dressing
For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, mint leaves, salt, and black pepper.
Step 4: Drizzle the dressing
When ready to serve, drizzle the dressing on to the salad and give it a gentle toss.
- Add sunflower seeds for extra crunch in this salad recipe.
- Feta cheese or goat cheese add the perfect touch of salty smoothness to this fall salad recipe.
- Make this recipe as a side salad with roasted chicken, baked salmon, or a vegan cauliflower steak.
You can make the quick and easy lemon dressing ahead of time. Store it in an airtight container until ready to drizzle on the fresh apple spinach avocado salad when ready to serve.
When making a fresh salad, mix the salad with the dressing right away. If you’re saving some for later, wait until serving to mix in the dressing. Keep the salad in an airtight container separate from the dressing.
Other Easy Spinach Recipes:
More Recipes Featuring Avocado
If you tried this Apple Spinach Avocado Salad or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you enjoyed it in the📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Apple Spinach Avocado Salad with Sweet Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 bowl
- 1 food processer
- 1 whisk
- 1 Serving plate
- 2 cups baby spinach washed and dried
- 1 medium red apple sliced
- 1 small avocado cut into bite size
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp pecans toasted
- 1 Tbsp cranberries dried
For the Sweet Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Prepare the salad ingredients if you haven't yet. Slice the small red onion, chop avocado into bit size pieces, slice the red apple, and chop pecans and dried cranberries. Add all into a salad bowl.1 medium red apple, 1 small avocado, 1/2 small red onion, 1 Tbsp pecans, 1 Tbsp cranberries
- Combine spinach and the rest of the prepared salad ingredients together.2 cups baby spinach
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, mint leaves, salt, and black pepper.3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 lemon, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp maple syrup, 4 mint leaves, 1 pinch salt, 1 pinch black pepper
- When ready to serve, drizzle the dressing on to the salad and give it a gentle toss.