I love going apple picking. It’s something we all do as a family together and has just become a fall tradition. My favorite fall tradition. One of the many reasons I love apple picking so much is because I end up making delicious apple treats at home.
And this apple cream cheese cake is a definite winner.
- It would get you first prize at any baking contest.
- It will get everyone who’s tried it asking for the recipe.
- It will be gone as soon as you start thinking of chowing down on leftovers.
- It is so good.
This recipe is completely made from scratch. It’s got goodness you could smell from a block away (and I’m not completely joking here. My husband always knows I’ve made apple cream cheese cake before he pops into the kitchen).
This cake is filled with delicious, juicy apples that sit cushioned between layers of delicious cake batter that’s made from cream cheese and butter. Is your mouth watering yet? ‘Cuz mine sure is!
Before popping this cake into the oven, I like sprinkling it with some of my favorite goodies! I’ve really enjoyed the taste and texture of sunflower seeds baked right on top! I also like to add some brown sugar on top for a caramelized flavor. You could add, subtract, or substitute as you wish. A sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of caramel would taste great!
Next time you’ve got some extra apples on hand do try and make this apple cream cheese cake! It will become one of your favorite apple recipes!
What do I need to make this recipe?
- cream cheese
- baking powder
- sunflower seeds
- brown sugar
How to make this Apple Cream Cheese Cake
Moist and Easy Apple Cake with Cream Cheese and Sunflower Seeds
- cutting board
- Stand mixer
- parchment paper
- tart pan
- Vegetable peeler
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 apples, peeled,
- 1¼ cup flour, sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer, on low speed beat together a pack of softened cream cheese and ½ cup softened butter until smooth and blended.
- Add 1 cup sugar to the mixer and beat together for 1 more minute.
- Add in 4 large eggs, one at a time, beating between each one.
- To the mixer add 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder, ½ tsp vanilla, and 1 ¼ cup of four. Combine.
- Line the bottom of a tart or cake pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with cooking spray.
- Layout half of the batter into the pan and sprinkle with the diced apples.
- Cover the diced apples with the rest of the batter.
- Sprinkle the top of the batter with 4 Tablespoons of sunflower seeds and 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Sift some powdered sugar on top and enjoy a piece of an apple cream cheese cake!