Pecan Torte Recipe
- 2 cups pecan, chopped
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softned
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softned
- 5 oz dark choclate, or milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray or butter the cake pan (I used a 9" spring form pan).
- Mix dry ingredients together: nuts, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Beat 1 cup softened butter then add half of the sugar. Keep beating until creamy.
- Add in 5 egg yolk, one at a time and continue beating.
- Using a large spatula, fold in the fluffy egg whites into the batter.
- With a spatula, add in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients (nuts, flour and baking powder).
- Put into the greased pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
For the chocolate glaze:
- Over barely simmering pot of water, place a bowl on top and melt 5 oz of chocolate.
- Add in 1 stick of unsalted butter and melt.
- Turn heat off and whisk 2 Tbsp of heavy cream until glossy.
- Pour the chocolate glaze over the cooled cake and it is ready to enjoy!