It’s finally happening. I am getting to share one of my absolute favorite dessert recipes with you.
It has everything a perfect dessert should have:
Gooeyness. Somewhere in any dessert, I need to feel that ooey, gooey deliciousness. And this cinnamon-apple center is exactly that.
Some sort of crunch. It’s necessary to balance out the gooeyness of the dessert! The “crisp” comes from a combination of rolled oats, sugar, cinnamon, and coconut.
An aroma that fills your home. Yes, I absolutely love the taste of this dessert. But I equally enjoy the smell that radiates throughout my home when this is cooking.
So what’s the difference between this Apple Crisp and a classic Apple Pie?
No Pie Crust. You can skip the hassle of making your own pie crust with this recipe. This Apple Crisp is made from scratch, minus a pie crust.
More Streusel-Like Topping. This is what I love most about this recipe. Don’t get me wrong, I love pies, but there’s something about this streusel topping that is just unbeatable. It’s soft, yet crisp. It’s full of flavor from cinnamon, brown sugar, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
So if you’re looking for the perfect apple dessert that doesn’t take you down a guilt-induced spiral, this Quick and Easy Apple Crisp is the one!
Gluten-Free Quick and Easy Apple Crisp
- 8 cups apples, peeled & sliced (1-inch pieces)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar, or brown sugar
- ½ - 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups gluten-free oats
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar, or brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut, finely shredded
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Peel and cut apples into 1-inch pieces.
- In a 9 x 13 glass baking dish, arrange apples and toss with lemon juice, arrowroot mixture, coconut palm or brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt then set aside.
- For the topping, combine oats, coconut, coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, coconut oil, and sea salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.